PDA

View Full Version : 1000 forum members !

Hofmannhp
11-16-2004, 05:24 PM
Hi All,

I think Don can open a bottle of good champaign :cheers: to welcome soon our 1000. member.

HP

boputnam
11-16-2004, 06:49 PM
Dammit, HansPeter, you beat me too it!! I've been watching that like a hawk - I think we hit it during my commute...

Congrats, Uncle Don - a birthday and millenium all in the same month!! Whoo-woo...

Mr. Widget
11-16-2004, 07:24 PM
Dammit, HansPeter, you beat me too it!! I've been watching that like a hawk - I think we hit it during my commute...

Congrats, Uncle Don - a birthday and millenium all in the same month!! Whoo-woo...
I think you popped the cork a bit early. I'm only seeing 998 members....

Widget

boputnam
11-17-2004, 10:17 AM
I'm only seeing 998 members.... That's 'cause you have me and Giskard blocked... :eek:

I'm seeing 1,002 today.

Mr. Widget
11-17-2004, 10:55 AM
So Deadwood was the 1000th member to join. He joined this morning. Maybe you should send him a basket of fruit or something to welcome him to the neighborhood.:rotfl:

Widget

Hofmannhp
11-17-2004, 11:28 AM
.....welcome him to the neighborhood.:rotfl:.....

Widget
.......neighborhood.....:o .....maybe it's Bo's alias to get the 1000
:slink:

HP

PS: (if yes and not.....welcome to Deadwood)

Don McRitchie
11-17-2004, 12:34 PM
This is actually a lot more complicated that you would think. There have been users kicked off the forum (three I think) that subtract from the total and multiple registrations (at a minimum Giskard and myself) that add to the total. Depending on how you define "1000th member", it could actually be any one of the last five or six people to join.

I have one objective and simple measure, but it might not meet anyone's definition of a one thousandth memember. That measure would be the 1000th registration recorded by vBulletin. vBulletin assigns an internal number for every registration, starting at 1. Since I created the forum, I have that number and everyone that has since registered was assigned an number incremented by one. The person assigned registration number 1000 is (drum roll)..............

Luke123

Zilch
11-17-2004, 01:42 PM
1000th member should get a free ticket to the L100 raffle maybe.

Since it's all dB here, 10,000th member should get one, too.... :D

johnaec
02-05-2005, 07:03 PM
Has anyone noticed we've added almost 400 more new members in under 3 months!! It looks like the word on JBL's is finally starting to get around! :beach:

John

luvvinvinyl
02-06-2005, 02:05 PM
Just speculating here, but I would say the raffle had something to do with that. I post at AudioKarma, and came over here when Don McR posted about the L100 raffle. Bought my tickets, and still pop in, on a semi-regular basis. Quite interesting reading. Actually, that is getting more frequent, lately. Looking at a pair of 250Ti's, right now. May have to take the JBL plunge.

Mr. Widget
02-06-2005, 02:29 PM
"May have to take the JBL plunge."

DON'T DO IT! It is a one-way ticket to sure madness! :applaud:

Widget

Donald
02-06-2005, 02:55 PM
And financial ruin!

johnaec
02-06-2005, 03:10 PM
Just speculating here, but I would say the raffle had something to do with that. Yeah, I realized that after I posted. It does seem like it's had the side effect of getting interested parties to start dropping in, instead of just checking in for the raffle - I've been seeing more new names recently.

And I agree with the others - once you discover some of the JBL treasures out there, you'll wonder why more people didn't pick up on them when they were new. It's hard to enjoy much else once you start listening to good JBL's, especially when they're set up right. :yes:

John

Zilch
02-06-2005, 04:15 PM
Don addressed this in an earlier thread, actually. If you wanna see the attachments, you gotta be a signed-in member now, since switching to the new format.

"If you wanna see the _____, you gotta take the cookie...." :D