PDA

View Full Version : Box and porting for 2202H?

Doc Mark
10-01-2015, 05:29 AM
Greetings, All,

I was recently gifted a lovely pair of 2202H woofers (Thanks, Greg!!!!), and need to see how they will work in some vocal monitors that I have on hand. The enclosures are about 2.95 ft3, and they have a rectangular port that measures 2"x10"x2.5". I could plug all this into the Team Linear setup, except that it does not seem to be functioning, at least for me, right now. If someone would be kind enough to see how the 2202H will work well the box I have on hand, I would very much appreciate it!!! I will be crossing this driver to a 2404H via electronic crossover, at 3KHZ. If this work well, then I "may" end up adding in an LE175 with potato masher horn/lens, someday. Right now, time is short, as I have to be able to use this monitor this coming weekend. So, going with a 2-way seems to be the best course, for now. Thanks for any help you can offer, and huge thanks, once again, to Greg, for his generosity!!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

macaroonie
10-01-2015, 06:11 AM
Oops

ivica
10-01-2015, 06:21 AM
Greetings, All,

I was recently gifted a lovely pair of 2202H woofers (Thanks, Greg!!!!), and need to see how they will work in some vocal monitors that I have on hand. The enclosures are about 2.95 ft3, and they have a rectangular port that measures 2"x10"x2.5". I could plug all this into the Team Linear setup, except that it does not seem to be functioning, at least for me, right now. If someone would be kind enough to see how the 2202H will work well the box I have on hand, I would very much appreciate it!!! I will be crossing this driver to a 2404H via electronic crossover, at 3KHZ. If this work well, then I "may" end up adding in an LE175 with potato masher horn/lens, someday. Right now, time is short, as I have to be able to use this monitor this coming weekend. So, going with a 2-way seems to be the best course, for now. Thanks for any help you can offer, and huge thanks, once again, to Greg, for his generosity!!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

Hi Doc,

If we can trust simulation then You can see, but I think that using 2202 for too low would not be good, but for the voice seems ok. A kind of HP filter to protect the driver under say 60Hz would be good.

regards
ivica

Doc Mark
10-01-2015, 04:03 PM
Hi, Ivica,

Many thanks for your suggestion. I have to have all this finished by tomorrow, unfortunately, so I'm going to have to wing it, at least for now. Would the same woofer/box be better if it were a sealed system? I might be able to pull that off. Thank you for any further help you can offer. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

macaroonie
10-01-2015, 04:57 PM
Sealed is the way to go Doc. Time is of the essence , sealed will get you where you need to be. You don't need low bass for personal monitors anyway. EQ to taste

more10
10-02-2015, 03:09 AM
Sealed is the way to go Doc. Time is of the essence , sealed will get you where you need to be. You don't need low bass for personal monitors anyway. EQ to taste

:applaud:

ivica
10-02-2015, 04:22 AM
Hi, Ivica,

Many thanks for your suggestion. I have to have all this finished by tomorrow, unfortunately, so I'm going to have to wing it, at least for now. Would the same woofer/box be better if it were a sealed system? I might be able to pull that off. Thank you for any further help you can offer. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

Hi Doc,

May be You can experiment with 2206H driver too, but from the simulation data it can be get about +3dB acoustic level in the mid-rage, and about +6dB from50Hz to 60Hz , applying much, much more electrical power, as 2206 has much larger Xmax, but all in all, nominal FR would remain almost the same as with 2202H.
I am not sure that sealed box would give you better results.
Either driver applied, and either box configuration applied I would suggest You to use hi-pass filter over 50Hz, to protect the driver from destruction (due to Xmax) if over SPL over 115dB/1m would be involved.

Wish You good success.

regards
ivica

Doc Mark
10-07-2015, 08:50 AM
Good Morning, All,

Well, as things turned out, I did not get to upgrade my monitors, as planned, due to a lack of time, and heavy work load. Our band reunion was a huge success, but I really could have used the upgraded monitor, as I had a very hard time hearing myself sing, and had to make do with my old monitor. Thank God it had a JBL 2130 in it, but the horn, which was an old Pyledriver, was DOA, and so the highs were completely missing. Oh, well. We have more such reunions planned for future dates, and when that happens, I'll have TWO wonderfully upgraded monitors to use, again, thanks for Greg, and so will be much more able to hear what I am singing, and to hear what others are doing, as well!! HUGE thanks to Greg, and to ivica and Macaroonie, for your excellent suggestions on setting up the monitor. I only wish I'd had the time to make that come to fruition. Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc