PDA

View Full Version : s312 vs.s312ii

jamesvaughnfl
08-03-2015, 10:13 AM
I'm looking at buying an s312 or an s312ii. Does anybody know the difference between the two and about how much should I pay for them? How long can they be expected to last?

rdgrimes
08-03-2015, 11:20 AM
The difference is tweeters/mounts and the bass ports. Nothing you will hear. Otherwise its just the copper color cones vs grey.

One could say they have already reached end of life in terms of audio quality vs cost. IOW you can often find better speakers for similar costs. I wouldn't pay more than $250 for a pair, but I wouldn't buy them in the first place. I sold a pair for $150 locally a few years back. Never cared much for the sound, especially when driven hard.

These have a vinyl laminate surface that tends to peel off with age. The drivers don't wear out really.

jamesvaughnfl
08-03-2015, 08:47 PM
Thank you very much rdgrimes. You are the first person to talk to me on this forum and I really do appreciate it.You seem very knowledgeable. Could you tell me a little bit about the L7. Someone is selling one on the US Audio Mart. Everything I hear about them makes them seem legendary. Thanks again Joe