PDA

View Full Version : L112's Added To My Wall Of Sound

gmarascortt
07-19-2015, 11:25 AM
Just picked up a very nice set of L112's and added them to "my wall of sound". A little more base than the L96's. No, the 18Ti's were just placed on top of the 250Ti's for the pictures, and don't ask why they are black!

BMWCCA
07-19-2015, 12:08 PM
Very interesting. I have a similar pile-up in my spare room. ;)

So I have to ask, what's involved in switching from one speaker pair to another?

FWIW, my "pile" room includes JBL L1, L3, L5, L7, L96, L80T, LX22, Pro-III Plus, Pioneer SP-BS22, Infinity RS4001 and the newly acquired JBL LSR305s. The L112s are in another room where they've been for over thirty-years. The L150A have been in their original boxes for years since acquiring them in need of foam, and the 250tis are still in their boxes in the "pile" room but I have yet to play them of the Crown Studio Reference-II I intend to use with them!

gmarascortt
07-19-2015, 01:22 PM
I only have 2 pairs "hooked-up" at any given time. I have many cables running to my speakers from my easily accessible Middle Atlantic rack where I have 6 Crown amps. All equipment and cables are well labeled.

So I have to ask, what's involved in switching from one speaker pair to another?

FWIW, my "pile" room includes JBL L1, L3, L5, L7, L96, L80T, LX22, Pro-III Plus, Pioneer SP-BS22, Infinity RS4001 and the newly acquired JBL LSR305s. The L112s are in another room where they've been for over thirty-years. The L150A have been in their original boxes for years since acquiring them in need of foam, and the 250tis are still in their boxes in the "pile" room but I have yet to play them of the Crown Studio Reference-II I intend to use with them!

BMWCCA
07-19-2015, 02:18 PM
I only have 2 pairs "hooked-up" at any given time. I have many cables running to my speakers from my easily accessible Middle Atlantic rack where I have 6 Crown amps. All equipment and cables are well labeled.

Let's see the rack!! :bouncy:

Kindred spirits!
I have (I think) sixteen power amps in the room (13 Crowns, Soundcraftsmen, Carver, Adcom); six preamps (2 Crown, 3 Soundcraftsmen, 1 Adcom) so I can power many pairs as long as the electric supply holds up! I'll usually switch between three sets of speakers during any given session. The L112s have been connected to the same Crown in another bedroom since the day I brought them home. My daughter's little system has another Soundcraftsmen pre-tuner with three Crown D45s stacked there for safe-keeping.

Yeah, you can't tell me anything my wife already hasn't!
:banghead:

gmarascortt
07-20-2015, 04:03 PM
Two of my amps are out getting serviced. When I get them back and re-racked, I will post some pictures! I even have a new Crown EQ-2 to add to the mix!

[QUOTE=BMWCCA;377971]Let's see the rack!! :bouncy:

SEAWOLF97
07-20-2015, 04:32 PM

I'd bet the 'Dales and those to the inside don't get played much ?