PDA

View Full Version : Silly stuff atop your JBL's ?

SEAWOLF97
06-26-2015, 04:27 PM
when the 250Ti's became part of our household, I made the rule - NO WATER ABLE PLANTS ATOP THE SPEAKERS !! -

well that opened up room for silly stuff ... it gets rotated occasionally .

currently have the Mystery clock with a Viet girl in non-la peeking thru and a dashboard spring Hula girl - actually dances :)

the other one has a Chinese Lucky Cat that waves once a second and a water buffalo horn made into an Eagle - it was a goodbye gift from my staff when I left DaNang in '70 (and prolly permanent)

Am I the only one ? or do 'yall balance silly stuff on the JBL's ?

1audiohack
06-26-2015, 05:27 PM
Nothing but just the occasional dust, no balancing required. Everyone here just knows.

Barry.

LowPhreak
06-27-2015, 10:46 AM
Coincidentally, I was pondering this same interesting question just the other day. :yes:

Only thing I've put on top of my 590's (so far) is one of the two port bungs for each side. But I rarely use them.

A lady from the VA who stops in occasionally asked me one day, "What are those things on top of the speakers?" I said, "They're to plug the holes in the back to keep the air inside." (Well I wasn't lying, right?) She asked why. I shrugged and said, "...because sometimes they sound better if the air isn't pushed out into the room." She looked at me kinda strange and said, "Oh..."

:wtf: :lol_fit:

Didn't bother to explain port resonance and bass response, etc.

Mr. Widget
06-27-2015, 11:26 AM
Didn't bother to explain port resonance and bass response, etc.She would have likely still said, "Oh..." and still known you're nutters. :D

Widget

LowPhreak
06-27-2015, 12:00 PM
I think she thought I was 'all the way crazy' when she found out I measure the speaker angles and side & rear wall distances. :spchless:

:bouncy:

corvettedcg
06-27-2015, 02:27 PM
I keep my tops clean of any dust-gathering nick-nacks. The previous owner of my 4425's must have kept plants on top on them. White rings on both, which came out with some elbow grease, fine steel wool and a treatment of Howard's.

SEAWOLF97
06-27-2015, 04:01 PM
I think she thought I was 'all the way crazy' when she found out I measure the speaker angles and side & rear wall distances. :spchless:

:bouncy:

I do that too. :)

LowPhreak
06-27-2015, 06:42 PM
I do that too. :)

You moonbat, you.

Donald
06-27-2015, 07:09 PM
I treat my cabs like the fine furniture they are. Nothing on top. Even the glass topped models.

It makes me sick to see the condition of some JBL speakers sold on ebay. My Dorians from 1969 still look new!

NickH
06-28-2015, 07:55 AM
The only thing on top of mine are my 2446's. Since the bass horns are so big I could get carried away using the cabinet by my preamp as a temporary place to put cd cases. Luckily turning the tunes up loud enough takes care of the freeloaders, lol.

Chris Brown
07-04-2015, 09:48 AM
I have a silly pair of 4412s on top of my L150s :p

Any objects on top of those would likely just rattle off. The 4412s themselves would rattle off until I got pads to put between.

Though I have some silly things that like to get on top all by themselves :D

http://gotnorice.com/catspeaker3s.jpg (http://gotnorice.com/catspeaker3.jpg)

Mr. Widget
07-04-2015, 10:14 AM
Though I have some silly things that like to get on top all by themselves :D
:applaud:

Widget