PDA

View Full Version : Acousti-craft cabinets with JBL compnents seeking info and approx value

ovlovobrut
06-13-2015, 04:10 AM
I bought these from a dentists estate sale. I can't find any pics online of the cabs. The components have sequential (off by 2) serials, original cones, and wax seals. I know an original Lansing cab is worth more than a homebuilt, but how would this setup compare to a similar C34.

Horn Fanatic
06-13-2015, 06:34 AM
I bought these from a dentists estate sale. I can't find any pics online of the cabs. The components have sequential (off by 2) serials, original cones, and wax seals. I know an original Lansing cab is worth more than a homebuilt, but how would this setup compare to a similar C34.

The C34 is a rear loaded folded horn. You may be thinking of the C36/C38, which are smaller in volume than you enclosures. The 130A / D130 really don't work impressively in the C36/C38 due to their 2.7 cubic foot volume. I suspect the larger volume of your enclosures will provide a better low end. One thing Acousti-Craft is known for, is the variable port adjustment which facilitates tuning for different brand woofers. There are a few threads that have been posted on this forum about Acousti-Craft that provide more information about the company.

Nice score BTW!

H.F.

BMWCCA
06-13-2015, 06:49 PM
Any value you have is in the components, parted-out. They'll sound better in a C35, C37, or C34.