PDA

View Full Version : JBL 121A Recone Question

kelossus
06-04-2015, 10:33 PM
Hi All

Picked up a L212 system here in Australia, subwoofer has low output but my local tech should be able to sort the plate amp out.

Now to the 121A transducer, someone has stuck the foam on the front! This drives me crazy but I wouldn't recone just because of that, I usually would pass if the foam was stuck on the front but the L212's are such a rarity here I had to have them. I would like to have a recone spare just in case.

Does anyone have a spare recone kit they would sell me or if possible can a local guru assemble one and ship it to me in Australia. There is various reconers in Australia but none I trust. I don't understand why any reconers in the US that know how to cook up JBL recones to spec hasn't gone into the business of doing so? Surely there would be some sort of market out there if someone could build discontinued recones close to factory spec? I know I would stock up for sure.

Interested to hear your thoughts!

speakerdave
06-05-2015, 10:12 AM
+1. :thmbsup:

kelossus
06-26-2015, 11:42 PM
Well I ended up getting a C8R121A recone from Ebay a week ago. Couldn't see the mass ring in the pictures but I am hoping it is under the dustcap in the box.

Luckily for the seller there was only 2 bids on it and if i didn't have a sniper on it, it would have sold for 99 cents. Ended up paying $150 US.

Wagner
07-02-2015, 12:51 PM
Well I ended up getting a C8R121A recone from Ebay a week ago. Couldn't see the mass ring in the pictures but I am hoping it is under the dustcap in the box.

Luckily for the seller there was only 2 bids on it and if i didn't have a sniper on it, it would have sold for 99 cents. Ended up paying $150 US.
That one has bad foam on it too :(

kelossus
07-02-2015, 04:01 PM
That one has bad foam on it too :(

Yeah I could see the slight tear and it was mentioned in the ad. Not a deal breaker at all though, wouldn't really expect a 20+ year old recone to have mint foam and I would replace regardless. The 112A recones and 2203 recones I have, have no foam but that didn't put me off.