PDA

View Full Version : BB King

Ducatista47
05-15-2015, 12:15 AM
BB King is gone. I feel like when Muddy Waters died. Now it's up to us who remain.

He saw so much. I hope he enjoyed the trip.

SEAWOLF97
05-15-2015, 12:30 AM
I won tickets to see him last time he was in Portland, BUT was too sick to attend.

Gave the passes to my son to go instead. He reported back that it was a great show.

Wish I'd been able to make it. :(

I've got lots of Blues.Boy. on my nano for riding . He's another great that we've lost recently ,
I still miss Alvin Lee. :(

BMWCCA
05-15-2015, 06:07 PM
I've been running this one all day at work on my iPod Classic with lossless files through some crappy computer speakers . . .

I knew this time would come but it still hurts! More than almost anyone, he's been with us seemingly forever. In the '60s my Grandmother took me to the St. Louis Symphony Sunday Family Concert where B.B. was the guest soloist. I was probably between 12 and 14-years old.

I remember he opened with "Nobody Loves Me But My Mother. . ." and after that line the entire string section hit that two-note reply and I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. Heard him in London at the Albert Hall around 1971. Amazing. He played here in town outside at UVA just days before my first daughter was born and my wife and I figured the baby inside must be rockin' to the blues. A year ago he did another outside venue locally and even though he was seated the entire time, he was giving his all to his audience. A consummate performer, a great gentleman, and a legend who will certainly be missed for many decades to come.

hjames
05-15-2015, 07:43 PM
Been running this one over the last few days - its a 2-for I got just last month,
its early work and was originally released by the Crown label in 1960.
King of the Blues - with - My Kind of Blues...

R.I.P. Mr. King ...