PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a pair of JBL L112 Century II, Recap question.

Ron13a
05-11-2015, 11:26 PM
Being that the caps in the crossover are not electrolytic, is a recap worth it?
Would there be a noticeable difference? They sound great now. Also, I'm 44
and my hearing isn't super. I mean that, while I'm by no means deaf, I don't
have "golden ears" by any stretch of the imagination. They were recently refoamed.
The controls could use a shot of deoxit. Anyway, I'm on the fence regarding a recap.
Opinions?

BMWCCA
05-12-2015, 04:51 AM
I've owned mine for over 30-years and haven't felt compelled to mess with perfection. :dont-know:

SEAWOLF97
05-12-2015, 06:30 AM
If it ain't broke ... fix it , 'till it is.

Mr. Widget
05-12-2015, 08:25 AM
Being that the caps in the crossover are not electrolytic, is a recap worth it?
Would there be a noticeable difference? They sound great now. Also, I'm 44
and my hearing isn't super. I mean that, while I'm by no means deaf, I don't
have "golden ears" by any stretch of the imagination. They were recently refoamed.
The controls could use a shot of deoxit. Anyway, I'm on the fence regarding a recap.
Opinions?Clean the l-pads and call it a day! Oh, and enjoy the speakers. :D

Widget

Ron13a
05-12-2015, 09:30 AM
Thanks for confirming what I thought! I will clean the l-pads and enjoy them the way they are. Thanks again!

martin2395
05-13-2015, 03:22 AM
If you wish to spend money on them, then good quality modern MKP's like Audyn Cap Plus, Mundorf Supreme or even the red Jantzen Superiors should make a nice improvement.

Wagner
05-13-2015, 07:23 AM
I've owned mine for over 30-years and haven't felt compelled to mess with perfection. :dont-know:
Agree
Leave them as built

Mr. Widget
05-13-2015, 07:24 AM
If you wish to spend money on them...I don't dispute that those caps maybe an upgrade, but I would submit that spending that money elsewhere in the system, or buying more music would be money better spent.

Widget

Wagner
05-13-2015, 04:59 PM
I don't dispute that those caps maybe an upgrade, but I would submit that spending that money elsewhere in the system, or buying more music would be money better spent.

Widget
Sound advice