PDA

View Full Version : Rick/saeman and The "Zilch" Grille Cloth Continuum

Wagner
05-07-2015, 09:21 AM
Was anyone here actually successful at buying any of this material from Rick?
I ask as the supply/fulfillment/availability story kept changing
Did anyone actually score any of the black he reported as having?
Is he still a participating member?

Thanks

BMWCCA
05-07-2015, 04:37 PM
Sure.

Rick built my 4345 cabinets and grilles. He later told me that the black grille cloth he used was not what he wanted to use when I asked about getting some as spares in case the cats got too active. He told me how much of the "real" stuff I'd need to recover the 4345s and sent it promptly. I've not had to use it since putting the fear of god in the cats seems to have worked pretty well over the past six-years.

I realize that Rick has, over the past several years (like many others), moved away from active participation within this forum but I believe he's still an "active" member in the technical sense. :dont-know:

His last activity is listed as 03-06-2015 10:46 AM.
This was his last post back in February of 2013:
Hi All:

Have been away from the LHS forum for some time so I'm not up to speed on what you guys have been doing lately. I keep in touch with a few via phone and email but my on-line cruising time has been zero. I hope to spend some time looking thru the gazillion posts that I have not seen.

Wagner
05-08-2015, 07:26 AM
Sure.

Rick built my 4345 cabinets and grilles. He later told me that the black grille cloth he used was not what he wanted to use when I asked about getting some as spares in case the cats got too active. He told me how much of the "real" stuff I'd need to recover the 4345s and sent it promptly. I've not had to use it since putting the fear of god in the cats seems to have worked pretty well over the past six-years.

I realize that Rick has, over the past several years (like many others), moved away from active participation within this forum but I believe he's still an "active" member in the technical sense. :dont-know:

His last activity is listed as 03-06-2015 10:46 AM.
This was his last post back in February of 2013:
Thank you
Yes, I saw that last post
Was wondering too if any of the Blue was left
He doesn't respond to PMs

Thanks again

gsb001
05-10-2015, 04:52 AM
Wagner,

I've been successful and received good feedback with the pictured fabric.
Has a good combination of color, adhesive compatibility, stretch, weave and weight.

If you send me your address, I'll mail you a sample.

The four samples in the second picture is a good photo for comparison.

From top, mine (HuntleyAudio.com) dark blue, Rick's (original JBL) dark blue, mine black and top square piece is Speaker Works dark blue.

Thank you
SB65463