PDA

View Full Version : JBL 70 year anniversary

Valentin
04-13-2015, 06:21 PM
70 years bday Coming soon

will we see a anniversary product for celebration ?

SEAWOLF97
04-13-2015, 06:38 PM
I think they're already here ...:banghead:

Maron Horonzakz
04-14-2015, 07:18 AM
What ??? A electrict haircut razer ???

Valentin
04-22-2015, 11:54 AM
jajaja

No I would think a new Everest 70 anniversry should be in order all active and with the image control waveguide

Mr. Widget
04-22-2015, 01:26 PM
I think we'll have to wait a few more years for the current crop of management to cash in their stock options... maybe the 75th Anniversary Edition? I'm holding out for the 2021 JBL Platinum Jubilee Edition!

Widget

Wagner
04-28-2015, 12:33 PM
Current "management"; it's all about "good sound" and protecting the James Bullough Lansing legacy for Jane. I am certain there will be great things to come:
http://media.salon.com/2011/02/the_steep_price_of_crossing_nancy_pelosi.jpg

hjames
04-28-2015, 12:58 PM
No, the ACTUAL current Management - the other folks look to be politicians or something equally ineffectual.
(check the Harman Int'l Stock value chart to show the Board's control over the last year)

LowPhreak
04-29-2015, 10:04 AM
Why am I not surprised? :rolleyes: One from Rand Corp., one from Verizon, etc. The usual suspects.

Wagner
05-07-2015, 12:03 PM
Why am I not surprised? :rolleyes: One from Rand Corp., one from Verizon, etc. The usual suspects.
What is that supposed to mean "the usual suspects"?
Verizon exists thanks to the sheeple's insatiable need to pay subscription fees and own (useless, time sensitive) gadgets; as for the other, do you even know the history of, or exactly what it is that RAND even does?

Wagner
05-07-2015, 12:37 PM
No, the ACTUAL current Management - the other folks look to be politicians or something equally ineffectual.
(check the Harman Int'l Stock value chart to show the Board's control over the last year)

I really don't get your "point" if there even is one?

Harman is a publicly traded company with a board of directors..............so what? Sid was Chairman of the Board of that company until late in '08 when poor health and declining stock prices encouraged him to pick a successor.............remember '08? Yet, he still had the presence of mind (or maybe not) to pull off the "Newsweek" for dollar deal in 2010

Do a little research on the Jane and Nancy affair(s); I doubt no stone goes unturned at Harman that Jane isn't fully aware of

Or, that anyone works there (for long) without her blessings

Jane was a pretty tenacious cheerleader for the Bush administration's wire tapping needs for a while too

NOTHING "ineffectual" about that broad except maybe her morality and ethics

My point is, NOTHING has happened at, or "to", JBL without either Sid or Jane's full knowledge and approval since it became a component of Harman International.............NOTHING; to think or believe so would be childish and naive (I don't care what anyone says or thinks)

Including the move to Mexico (they waited until poor Sid had one foot in the grave before they could pull that one off, Jane and Paliwal)

Sid must be rolling in his grave, he tried his best to keep the jobs here, for the most part (although he was no choirboy innocent)

LowPhreak
05-07-2015, 05:16 PM
What is that supposed to mean "the usual suspects"?
Verizon exists thanks to the sheeple's insatiable need to pay subscription fees and own (useless, time sensitive) gadgets; as for the other, do you even know the history of, or exactly what it is that RAND even does?

Yes, in fact I am familiar with both companies' shennanigans over the years. Verizon and their workers strike of a few years ago for one, when I supported the rank & file on the picket lines in the Albany, NY. area. Rand Corp's skullduggery goes way back, but you probably don't want to get me started on any of this since it would get fairly political. Bastards the lot of them, as a certain late Gonzo journalist might have said. I could write a small book on either corp. but I'll drop the subject.

Wagner
05-08-2015, 06:54 AM
Yes, in fact I am familiar with both companies' shennanigans over the years. Verizon and their workers strike of a few years ago for one, when I supported the rank & file on the picket lines in the Albany, NY. area. Rand Corp's skullduggery goes way back, but you probably don't want to get me started on any of this since it would get fairly political. Bastards the lot of them, as a certain late Gonzo journalist might have said. I could write a small book on either corp. but I'll drop the subject.

You're right, I don't; someone else already did make the inference by judging the books by their covers and jumping to "conclusions"
And there's no need, Jane's record stands on it's own, with or without her "board of directors"
But it would only make sense that friends made through her work with the NSA and Congress might wind up with nice jobs at Harman
I mean that's how the World works isn't it? (nothing's safe anymore, not even a speaker company)
Hearkens back to the good old days; think Stromberg-Carlson and General Dynamics as a good example (but back then the connections were overt)
Add one more for effect: military-industrial-CONGRESSIONAL complex

As for the ill advised LAND LINE workers strike? Well, they just sped up their own undoing (but it has nothing to do with my point anyway; they're on the board thanks to Jane's work in Congress with the NSA I'm sure) Those newly "unionized" land line workers will soon be unemployed anyway
Hurrah! Hurrah! All they've accomplished for the short term is driving up rates

If you really want to support THOSE folks, then stop using wireless phones