PDA

View Full Version : LSR 32 / LSR 6332 differences

Thomas Mygind
11-08-2004, 04:06 PM
I have read all the threads reg LSR I could find. If I understand correctly the difference is mainly cosmetic and the treble driver is shielded but should sound the same. I have a pair of 32 and 6332, and I "feel" that the treble is smoother/finer in the 6332 than the 32..can that be right or is it all in my head?

They are run off a Crown Studio Reference 1 amp, Technics THX controller and SP-L2000 Cd player.

Thanks for a unique forum!

Valentin
11-08-2004, 05:30 PM
Their has been some discussion of these in the forum and JBL response said it was cosmetic but if you see the crossover for the tweeter you will find that there is a different value in a capacitors on the lsr32 C1= 2.5mF and in the lsr 6332 is C7= 5.5mF
That must have a influence on what you are hearing
Also in the bass section the 32 have a L2=1.3mH and the 6332 have a L2=2.3mH And I do not know how this affects have you herd any difference in the bass

Maybe Earl K can help us in this on

Earl K
11-08-2004, 05:56 PM
Their has been some discussion of these in the forum and JBL response said it was cosmetic but if you see the crossover for the tweeter you will find that there is a different value in a capacitors on the lsr32 C1= 2.5mF and in the lsr 6332 is C7= 5.5mF
That must have a influence on what you are hearing
Also in the bass section the 32 have a L2=1.3mH and the 6332 have a L2=2.3mH And I do not know how this affects have you herd any difference in the bass

Maybe Earl K can help us in this on

Well, ummm,

- Sorry , I don't know much about these products. I don't have the tech sheets to study , etc.

- Giskard will know more or at least have access to those sheets.

- I believe I heard in this forum that the tweeters were slightly different ( ie , the latest had a copper-clad aluminum voice coil while the original was just aluminum - I believe ) Certainly, changing passive component values will alter the final voicing of a speaker , as will changing the type/make of capacitors or inductors used in that xrossover .

- Bottom line Thomas, there are more than enough reported changes for me to conclude that you are not imagining these sonic changes that you articulate .

hope this helps some <. Earl K

Thomas Mygind
11-10-2004, 05:20 AM
Thanks for the help so far.

I havent been able to hear any difference in the bas.

Are there others here that have first hand experience with the two speakers ?

thanks

Valentin
11-17-2004, 08:33 AM
Thomas
Can you please tell me if the mount holes in the back panel of the speaker are in the center of it

I am making some stands for a pair i joust bought and will recieve in two weeks

Are you using a sub with them is it a LSR

Thomas Mygind
11-18-2004, 09:09 AM
Valentin : Here are some pictures of the LSR6332 that I postet in a danish Hifi-forum.

http://www.hifi4all.dk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13004&KW=Hasselhof

Note that only the New 6332 LSR have the mounting holes, the old LSR 32 did not.