PDA

View Full Version : L166 grill

GUIBEY20
02-27-2015, 01:29 PM
I recently took my L166 out of storage and the grills are quit dusty. Any suggestions on how to clean them? they are in perfect condition and I would like to keep them this way.

Krunchy
02-27-2015, 02:26 PM
Start off by gently vacuuming them with a soft bristle head.

They do have material on the inside but I think I may have sprayed the outside with something like Spray 9 or windex the gently scrubbed them with a soft bristle tooth brush.
Rinse with lukewarm (not hot) water. The Design does collect plenty of dust but they clean up nicely too.

Have fun

SEAWOLF97
02-27-2015, 04:04 PM
I had same situation , but my black backing cloth was almost off.

Pealed it back and hit grilles with 100psi air from the backside ... then wiped down
with damp cloth and finally sprayed STP Renewal - Son of a Gun- on the fronts. They
were so shiny and new looking. Hot glued the backing cloth back on ... They looked great ..:D

GUIBEY20
02-27-2015, 04:34 PM
thanks for the help. FYI I actually have two pairs in mint condition and was going to sell one with stands. How much are they worth?

ZEEOHSIX
02-28-2015, 02:19 PM
thanks for the help. FYI I actually have two pairs in mint condition and was going to sell one with stands. How much are they worth?

Personally I think the L166 Horizons are hidden gems. You can check eBay for recent sales but I would guestimate a range of $900 - $1,100.