PDA

View Full Version : Surround Help Needed

Wagner
02-21-2015, 09:37 PM
I am posting here in hopes someone in the repair business, or other, can help

I am in the process of resurrecting my old Sentry 500s (Electro-Voice)

They suffer foam rot, I want to go the re-edge route for now

Rick Cobb is graciously assisting me, but so far these old woofers are proving difficult to find a good fitting surround for

All the (other) usual suspects have kits they list as correct fits for this driver, but so far there are more compromises than I'd like to make based upon their published (or lack thereof) dimension specs

And aside from that, 1/2 a dozen vendors do list a "kit" but none of their dimensions as provided agree with one another as well as the too small edge to edge ID so I am a little leery of that crap shoot and would hopefully like to avoid the returns game hubbub

One vendor lists a surround that appears to be perfect, but his measurements are incomplete and he doesn't respond well to emails

I'd like to stick with Rick Cobb, but just in case he can't supply this one I thought I'd ask here

What I have/need:

Sentry 500 - Driver Part# 1812 0334 9023 Cone# 70815 (on cone)
12" Frame
9 1/2" Cone
3/4" Roll
Surround ID - edge to edge = 9"
Surround OD - edge to edge = *11 3/4"

Attaching lip - CONE = 1/4"
Attaching lip - FRAME = 3/8"-7/16" (*but there is plenty of flexibility here)

The problem I am experiencing with everything I can see so far is that the surround edge to edge INNER diameters put more foam on the cone than I would like

I have found one vendor who lists a surround that appears to be the one but his dimensions are incomplete and he doesn't seem to want to answer emails

Please help if you can

Thank you

Wagner
03-06-2015, 09:19 PM
Near perfect edges found

Thanks for your suggestions!

Thomas