PDA

View Full Version : 2235H vs LE14H-3: pros, cons, and comments!

Doc Mark
01-30-2015, 07:36 PM
Greetings, Friends,

As you may have read in another thread, I now have a very clean pair of LE14H-3's to use in my L250 cabinets! I've always loved the sound from my 2235H's, in our L300 cabinets, and have four of 2235H's, with two being ready to use in another project. But, after seeing the LE14H woofers, I wonder how they compare to the 2235H woofers? At first thought, I believe that they might offer a bit tighter bass, and the frequency at crossover might be more smooth and natural. But, thinking about this comparison has prompted me to ask you all for your thoughts on these two woofers. What are the pros, cons, and any comments you might care to offer, of the 2235H viz the LE14H-3? Thank you, very much, for any comments you would care to make. I hope to be able to hear the 14's for myself very soon, after I get proper gaskets for them, and re-solder the lead wires to the crossover!! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

Robh3606
01-30-2015, 09:52 PM
Stick with the Le14's better in all ways except displacement.

Rob

JuniorJBL
01-30-2015, 10:46 PM
It's a pretty well behaved driver IMO. I really like the 14's abilities and sound characteristics. A really fun woofer! :)

Mr. Widget
01-31-2015, 12:40 AM
Stick with the Le14's better in all ways except displacement.

Rob+1

I really like the LE14H-3s in my 1400 Arrays. I was never as thrilled with my various 2235H systems.

Widget

Doc Mark
01-31-2015, 08:26 AM
Good Morning, Gentlemen,

Many thanks for your comments on this comparison. It's really going to be fun, and very probably, quite an eye opener, to compare the L250's, with the LE14H-3 woofers, to our L300's with 2235H woofers!! I'm going into this with an open mind, as I've always enjoyed the 2235's, for what they could do. But, I'm fully prepared to find the LE14H woofers to be much better, in a host of ways.

If that turns out to be the case, then I may sell my second pair of 2235H's, or trade them towards some good 2441 drivers, or just keep them as spares. Lots of options. But, I do fear that, if I like the LE14H's as much as I think I may, then finding another pair for future projects, may be a rough row to hoe. We'll see how it turns out. Once gaskets are made, or found, for the drivers in the L250's, then all I have to do is re-solder the disconnected lead wires to the crossover, setup the grills that may be coming my way, and voila, the L250 system will live again!! :bouncy:

Thanks, again, for your comments, and I'll post more when the last bits have come together in this project! Take care, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc