PDA

View Full Version : Duplex driver ID

Goldjazz
01-18-2015, 02:12 PM
64291Not sure if this is an Altec or not. It's around 12". Can anyone ID this? Thanks.

Horn Fanatic
01-19-2015, 09:24 AM
64291Not sure if this is an Altec or not. It's around 12". Can anyone ID this? Thanks.

A photograph of the back of the speaker would be nice. My guess is that the speaker is Japanese, and quite possibly something conjured up by Pioneer, or a company using an OEM Pioneer tweeter. The terminals appear to be on the same side, which is something that Fukuyo was not in the habit of doing. Fukuyo was an OEM supplier to companies such as Pioneer and Coral, and many others. The speaker also appears to have an all paper cone, which was common for Japanese speakers built 40 or so years ago.

H.F.

Goldjazz
01-19-2015, 10:14 PM
A photograph of the back of the speaker would be nice. My guess is that the speaker is Japanese, and quite possibly something conjured up by Pioneer, or a company using an OEM Pioneer tweeter. The terminals appear to be on the same side, which is something that Fukuyo was not in the habit of doing. Fukuyo was an OEM supplier to companies such as Pioneer and Coral, and many others. The speaker also appears to have an all paper cone, which was common for Japanese speakers built 40 or so years ago.

H.F.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah my best was Coral as the cabinets look like they were built custom built and they did sell a lot of kits here in Australia. But I couldn't locate the driver. There is something similar about the grey sandcast aluminum horn on this driver that reminds me of the material and finish of my altec 31a horn which had me wondering.

Goldjazz
01-20-2015, 01:26 AM
Yep so they're Pioneer PAX-30G coaxial drivers. Very efficient at 103db. Thanks for the tip Horn Fanatic you put me on the right path. I think these may actually be decent.

Goldjazz
01-20-2015, 01:34 AM
http://audio-database.com/PIONEER-EXCLUSIVE/unit/pax-30g-e.html