PDA

View Full Version : issues with jbl gto 770 watt amp

dartgt
01-17-2015, 03:59 PM
I have two 12s in a ported box (bought from Crutchfield and a jbl amp from jbls main website. I had it installed professionally and pretty much since day one I have experienced clipping. Had the audio place double check the wiring and it was all good. Told them to tune my amp to give me quality sound without clipping. They turned my gain up about halfway and bass a quarter of way. The audio stopped cutting out but I know that isn't good on your amp. So when I got home I pulled that tone tester cd out or w.e. followed all instructions and even with gain set at 0 my gain light is lit up red (red means gain is to high). I have it set up to stock radio so I can only have the input level at low. H1 or h2 doesn't give me a connection to subs. I tried changing it to h1 and h2 and even tho the sub's weren't playing my gain was still lit up red. Also with gain and bass set all the way down and volume up. The bass is real wavey and crappy sounding. Also you can hear a funny noise from subs when you pop the trunk. A jbl support line said it might be a faulty amp. Another audio shop said it could be a bad line out convert and possibly amp. I'm at the point where I want to just either get my money back if possibly or exchanged for an amp that actuality works and subs(if those are broke too) this audio is barely a month old. Any ideas? Btw when I put the tone disc in it immediately makes a loud ringing indicating clipping. And that's with my gain at 0. Also with gain at 0 my bass cuts out at about 24 of 38 volume. I turned gain up just a hair and it has helped, I'm able to play it at louder volumes. But the bass as I said is not smooth at all (more noticeably when you listen from in the trunk) any ideas on what is going on guys? Thanks!