PDA

View Full Version : 2405 ebay knock off diaphragm that dont fit

jblwolf
01-04-2015, 01:47 PM
pick up a knock off diaphragm on e-bay from china,it didnt fit right and the voicecoil wasn't aluminum/or wound with the right amount of wire.

Horn Fanatic
01-04-2015, 11:02 PM
pick up a knock off diaphragm on e-bay from china,it didnt fit right and the voicecoil wasn't aluminum/or wound with the right amount of wire.

I am not surprised. I restored a pair of ALTEC 9844 monitors a while back, where one of them had an after marked diaphragm. It was the third screw I tried to put in that didn't line up. The alignment was so bad I had to leave it out. Why the V.C. doesn't rub is a mystery. Thanks for the heads up about the ring radiator diaphragm, not that I would buy an after market off of Ebay. I have a pair of 2405's collecting dust at the moment, but I'd rather save up for some JBL diaphragms. It appears that your diaphragm has wrinkles in it. Bummer!

H.F.

toddalin
01-07-2015, 04:40 PM
Not even a 2405 but a 2402 knock-off. Look how much more vibrating area is present than your original, four planes vs two planes.

Woofer
01-16-2015, 10:10 AM
Post who u got 'em from, so others [on a budget] don't make the same mistake.
It would be a Public Service. [not everyone can afford proper replacements, let alone even find them or at an affordable price…]

:blink:

jblwolf
01-27-2015, 08:08 PM
if the seller is from SHENZHEN or GUANGZHOU,province of GUANGDONG-CHINA I'd stay away the problem is ebay kick off a bad seller and they keep popping up as another seller.

JeffW
01-28-2015, 09:09 AM
In the bigger picture, has anyone ever got any aftermarket ring radiator diaphragms from any seller to measure even close to the originals?

In other words, I don't think it's any specific region of any country - it's any of them from any place that are the problem.

jblwolf
01-28-2015, 10:18 AM
Jeff,I agree thats the problem they are no way close to jbl standards,
the only ones I found that were very close was from image back in the early 90's,
by the way the seller of the pictured diapharam is seller id;008615067556570.
and if you look at the feed back,
you'll see at lot of junk phrams people are using to pass off as they work:banghead: