PDA

View Full Version : JBL speakers ticking (power drops?)

split
11-24-2014, 08:54 AM
Hello,

I have a problem with my JBL Spyro 2.1 speakers and hope its the right place to post :)

I have the speakers for about 5 years and recently they stopped working.

Now the don't play any sound, and make repetitive ticking sound.
When I connect them ONLY to the power supply (with no sound input) they start ticking.
On the sub-woofer there is a green indicator led, and when I connect the speakers to the power supply - the led keeps turning on and off each second.
(It seems that it receives the power, and immediately looses it, each second, and so on..).

Anyone is familiar with this problem, and can advise how to solve it?

Thank you!!

hjames
11-24-2014, 09:02 AM
No offense meant, but this i not the JBL support site.
Most of the folks here are into the older Audio system speakers and related gear.
Generally thats the larger vintage Audio/Video gear, not the small MP3/digital audio playback stuff.

I googled it and those look to be some kind of small computer speakers? ...

For support with JBL computer and iPod/phone gear, you want to go to
http://www.jbl.com/estore/jbl/us/support/supportProductSupport.jsp

Hello,

I have a problem with my JBL Spyro 2.1 speakers and hope its the right place to post :)

I have the speakers for about 5 years and recently they stopped working.

Now the don't play any sound, and make repetitive ticking sound.
When I connect them ONLY to the power supply (with no sound input) they start ticking.
On the sub-woofer there is a green indicator led, and when I connect the speakers to the power supply - the led keeps turning on and off each second.
(It seems that it receives the power, and immediately looses it, each second, and so on..).

Anyone is familiar with this problem, and can advise how to solve it?

Thank you!!

split
11-24-2014, 10:55 AM
Thank you!
No offence taken, and sorry for the misunderstanding :rolleyes:

rdgrimes
11-24-2014, 11:58 AM
In any case, it seems as though you have a defective power supply. Probably not worth repairing.