PDA

View Full Version : Original L100 Badges

Puddintane
11-08-2014, 05:41 PM
Could someone please tell me if there was one specific color for the original L100 badges, and also, how they attached to the foam? I need to order new foams for my L100s (non-Century, serial no. 241XXX A), and I need to scrounge up some badges too. Mine came only with the frames and the back fabric. I've seen some on that auction site that are silver on black, gold on black, and silver (or gold?) on orange--I can't quite tell the color from the pic in the listing for the orange ones, although they say orange/white in the description. Anyway, I'm pretty sure they're reproductions, not original. I might hold out for some originals--haven't decided yet. Thanks in advance for the help.

oldsoundz
11-08-2014, 06:36 PM
Could someone please tell me if there was one specific color for the original L100 badges, and also, how they attached to the foam? I need to order new foams for my L100s (non-Century, serial no. 241XXX A), and I need to scrounge up some badges too. Mine came only with the frames and the back fabric. I've seen some on that auction site that are silver on black, gold on black, and silver (or gold?) on orange--I can't quite tell the color from the pic in the listing for the orange ones, although they say orange/white in the description. Anyway, I'm pretty sure they're reproductions, not original. I might hold out for some originals--haven't decided yet. Thanks in advance for the help.

I think you want brushed with black paint. The last time I ordered new grill inserts, the seller shipped two Velcro stickers to adhere to the badges. I don't still have the speakers, but it seemed to work from what I recall.

What color are you going with?

script56
11-08-2014, 06:36 PM
Sculptedfoaminnovations on ebay will sell you original badges along with foams.

Puddintane
11-08-2014, 10:50 PM
I think you want brushed with black paint. The last time I ordered new grill inserts, the seller shipped two Velcro stickers to adhere to the badges. I don't still have the speakers, but it seemed to work from what I recall.

What color are you going with?

At the moment (subject to change!), I'm leaning toward the burnt orange. That seems to be the color I remember best from when I wanted (but couldn't afford) them years ago when I was a teenager.

Puddintane
11-08-2014, 10:53 PM
Sculptedfoaminnovations on ebay will sell you original badges along with foams.

Yeah, thanks for the heads up. That's who I would probably get the foams from, but I didn't see badges listed in their other items. I guess I'll have to try contacting them.

oldsoundz
11-09-2014, 07:46 AM
At the moment (subject to change!), I'm leaning toward the burnt orange. That seems to be the color I remember best from when I wanted (but couldn't afford) them years ago when I was a teenager.

That's the color I'm leaning toward as well for the set I have now. Need to refinish them first. Love the Quadrex look.