PDA

View Full Version : Lower cost Truextent diaphragm announcement

grumpy
11-04-2014, 11:56 AM
MMC dome "TF-25" material is compared to Ti and Al, as well as Be...

http://materion.com/Businesses/Electrofusion/Related-NSE/TruextentNewMaterials.aspx

Will be interesting to see what form factors and price.

Mr. Widget
11-04-2014, 01:51 PM
MMC dome "TF-25" material is compared to Ti and Al, as well as Be...

http://materion.com/Businesses/Electrofusion/Related-NSE/TruextentNewMaterials.aspx

Will be interesting to see what form factors and price.I was talking with them this morning and there is no product availability or pricing information yet. They hope to have more information and possibly product by the beginning of the new year. They will offer JBL compatible 4" diaphragms, and will be offering a 3" version too... The 3" diaphragms will roll out later. They are designing the 3" version to fit multiple brands... or at least that's the goal.

The material is an aluminum/ceramic matrix composite that has improved stiffness and damping over aluminum or titanium.

Widget

Carl_Huff
11-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Hmm, this could prove to be an important product. I will be looking to get my hands on a couple.

Mr Widget please keep us informed!

Flaesh
11-08-2014, 03:51 AM
an aluminum/ceramic matrix composite
Is it [thick] anodised aluminium?
Similar (?) technology in Eighteen sound Ti+TiN coating diaphragms.

cooky1257
11-08-2014, 04:31 AM
Interesting. isn't Aquaplas a clay/ceramic material?

Mr. Widget
11-08-2014, 12:41 PM
Is it [thick] anodised aluminium?
Similar (?) technology in Eighteen sound Ti+TiN coating diaphragms.
During my phone conversation with them, they specifically said that it was not anodization.

The parent company, Materion, does a lot of very advanced material research and development. Apparently this new metal foil was originally developed for an application in Formula 1.

Widget

Flaesh
11-08-2014, 03:19 PM
they specifically said that it was not anodization.
thanks! really interesting.