PDA

View Full Version : Weight of an empty L250 cabinet?

Doc Mark
10-15-2014, 07:01 PM
Good Evening, All,

I was wondering if any one knows that actual weight of an empty L250 cabinet? I want to carry the pair of them, one at a time, of course, up our stairs and into the living room, where I have made a place for them to rest until I'm ready for them. I'm fairly strong, for my size, and regularly carry 50lbs of luggage in each hand, both up, and down our stairs, when heading to the airport. So, I "think" I should have no problem in carrying each L250 cabinet up our stairs, if I'm careful. I'd rather do that, than dolly them up, as the jarring could mar the finish of the cabinets.

So, Oh Wise Ones, anyone know what they weight, without drivers? Thanks for any help you can give. If I don't hear anything back fairly soon, I'll just go ahead and give it a try. But, before I try it, I'd love to know what they weigh. Thanks, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

rdgrimes
10-15-2014, 08:02 PM
Enough to make the use of a dolly the only safe option. Safe for you AND for the cabinet. I've handled them in the shop for refinishing work, and would never dream of trying to move one without a dolly.

Your biggest risk is to the skirts, which will splinter in a heartbeat if dragged at all. Only a dolly prevents that.

grumpy
10-15-2014, 08:37 PM
Having moved those particular cabinets around more than once, I can say it's really a two person job to go up or down stairs. Not saying it can't be done with one... I just don't think it's worth it.

BMWCCA
10-15-2014, 10:22 PM
Wrap the back and bottom in cardboard and shove them up the stairs laying down. That's my plan at least.

The 250tis are listed at 150-lbs. each loaded and in shipping containers, or twice that of the L7s I'm used to hauling up and down stairs.

SEAWOLF97
10-16-2014, 09:55 AM
250ti's are listed at 135 lbs. with drivers ...150 boxed.

guess they would be approx 100+- w/o drivers.

I moved mine with a dolly, but threw a blanket over the frame to
protect from marring ..one hand on dolly and the other steadying the speaker.

move only 1 at a time ..;)

Doc Mark
10-16-2014, 11:12 AM
Morning, Gentlemen, and Ladies,

Thanks, Guys, for your thoughts and suggestions on this. I guess I'll go ahead and use the dolly, one stair at a time, and use a moving blanket to protect the enclosure finish as best I can. Once they are up in the house, I'll snap a few pics, and post then here, just for fun! Thanks, again, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc