Valentin
10-12-2014, 06:42 PM
New broadcast and recording line

JBL 708 is out at Aes 137 convención
1/2 inch aperture compresión driver
looks fine

herve M
10-13-2014, 01:54 AM
A llink ? I find nothing ? Or more details ?

herve M
10-13-2014, 03:46 AM
BINGO !!!
https://www.facebook.com/jblprofessional (https://www.facebook.com/jblprofessional:)

martin2395
10-13-2014, 05:40 AM
And already deleted, boooo.

pos
10-13-2014, 06:53 AM
0.5" compression drivers! Now that is interesting!
The only available 0.5" compression driver so far has been the B&C DE5.

Valentin
10-13-2014, 07:06 AM
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=642225715890002&set=vb.177127372399841&type=2&theater

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=642635019182405&set=vb.177127372399841&type=2&theater

2409H compresion driver

pos
10-13-2014, 09:39 AM
Nice!!
Small format monitors with compression drivers, what's not to like?

It is funny how Charles Sprinkle always has good things to says about the transducers, but never really talks about his own waveguide designs.
He seems to be a very modest person, but his work deserves to be praised and is the pinnacle of this new monitor series (LSR3, LSR7, M2).

Valentin
10-13-2014, 10:38 AM
Wonder what the pricing will be For the 708 and the 705

Hope its in the same area as the 6300 series

pos
10-15-2014, 10:46 AM
http://www.jblpro.com/www/products/recording-broadcast/7-series

The datasheet does not tell much (yet?), but the drivers sure look cool

allen mueller
10-15-2014, 04:47 PM
Very cool stuff. Hopefully the price will be good. Love the marketing of the "centrally amplified" concept :)
Joking aside it's nice to have the flexibility of picking an amp and going bi amped if you want.
Allen

Aaron
10-16-2014, 02:56 PM
I take it 'centrally amplified' means amps aren't built in?
I wonder if they have no internal cross overs and require the purchase of Harman bi-amping & DSP like their big brother the M2.

Valentin
10-16-2014, 03:22 PM
They do have internal XO but you can by pass them if you wish

"LSR705i and LSR708i Dividing Network can be bypassed for
bi-amplified operation."

wonder if the procesing meas final touchup too pasive design or just if you go active

allen mueller
10-16-2014, 05:50 PM
Any word on pricing ?

Aaron
10-17-2014, 06:24 AM
I too am curious about pricing.

Valentin: Thanks for the clarification! ...and regarding the DSP: I don't see why it couldn't do both, but I guess you're asking if JBL will provide files for all possible options and to that I can't say.

L.H. Nick
10-23-2014, 04:08 PM
Here is a bit more information on the new 7 Series

http://harmanprogroup.blogspot.com/2014/10/harmans-jbl-professional-introduces-7.html

Very intriguing!

With regard to pricing, I note that the 4 channel, Crown DCi 4/300 tips the scales at about US$2,000. Does anyone know what the BSS Soundweb London signal processor costs? If you have to budget for the costs of both these components before you get to the costs of the speakers themselves, whatever that might be, it seems clear that these will be at a total price level above the LSR 6300 series.

Nick

Valentin
10-23-2014, 05:37 PM
The LSR705i and LSR708i Master Reference Monitors will be available in January 2015 as part of complete 5.1, 7.1 and immersive sound monitoring systems.

martin_wu99
10-24-2014, 05:41 AM
Cool,expecting it arriving in local,it seems a good solution for HT,who has ever listened to it?:applaud:

allen mueller
10-25-2014, 10:13 AM
It would be nice if they offer them as separates for those who want 2ch setups.

Al

Valentin
12-03-2014, 08:23 PM
I have Heard that Priceing will be not that Bad but at first you will need too buy all The Systems 708i is about 8000 with amp and bss

it seems low. But thats what i Heard

audiomagnate
12-05-2014, 04:54 AM
But can you buy them without the electronics? I doubt it. The 708i looks very interesting to me, but I don't really need the electronics.

Valentin
12-08-2014, 10:15 AM
May be not in the beginning but i think that in the mid term it will be easy to find them as unit and not as a kit

I bet you will get very very nice sound out of these Baby M2

Valentin
12-23-2014, 04:12 PM
I heard form someone in the Labs that the 708i and 705i measure objectively even better than the M2

that is very nice for a passive design know how will the public receive them

their is total silence of when they will be out :confused:

pos
12-23-2014, 04:48 PM
For one thing the directivity will remain constant at least up to 20kHz, thanks to the 0.5" aperture, and consequently the first reflexions and power curve will not drop like they do on the M2.

Mctwins
12-23-2014, 11:59 PM
Hallo!

I understand why they are using those electronics, it's a top notch amplifiers:applaud:

I am using Crown DCi 2/600N with my 4429, sounds great:)

Have a great X-mas!!

audiomagnate
12-28-2014, 05:44 AM
It looks like you can buy them now for $2498/pair: http://www.performanceaudio.com/item/jbl-lsr708i-8-master-reference-monitor/46823/

BMWCCA
12-28-2014, 07:21 AM
It looks like you can buy them now for $2498/pair: http://www.performanceaudio.com/item/jbl-lsr708i-8-master-reference-monitor/46823/

They show them in a product category of "Powered Monitors"

carolax
12-28-2014, 09:17 AM
OK, order placed for a pair of 708i's from Performance Audio. Let the waiting begin! Retail is shown as $1500 each, so $1249 sounds good--when I first read about them I decided that if they were less than $3000 a pair I'd buy them sound unheard. I like making promises I can keep, and it'll be nice having compression drivers in the den again!

Mctwins
12-28-2014, 11:45 AM
OK, order placed for a pair of 708i's from Performance Audio. Let the waiting begin! Retail is shown as $1500 each, so $1249 sounds good--when I first read about them I decided that if they were less than $3000 a pair I'd buy them sound unheard. I like making promises I can keep, and it'll be nice having compression drivers in the den again!

You did the right choice.:applaud: I didn't heard my JBL 4429 prior purchase, sounds great:thmbsup:

Valentin
12-28-2014, 03:35 PM
Sow they will be selling by unit
that good news

i will wait too see what other offerings in other venders

ivica
12-29-2014, 05:33 AM
For one thing the directivity will remain constant at least up to 20kHz, thanks to the 0.5" aperture, and consequently the first reflexions and power curve will not drop like they do on the M2.

Hi POS,

is it really "..thanks to the 0.5" aperture..." ???

its phase plug reminds me of 2408-1 phase plug

regards
ivica

Valentin
12-29-2014, 09:23 AM

Yes but that being the case 99% of al the speakers sold have that drop sow i wonder how will they compensate the spectral in room balance

hope to see the spinorama curves for these

audiomagnate
12-30-2014, 10:02 PM

Awesome! You could post the first real review on the net. The rest are just a rehash of the press release.

Valentin
01-02-2015, 12:08 PM

please let us know when you recieve them

Happy New Year

Valentin
01-09-2015, 06:37 AM
​any news on the shipment ???

audiomagnate
01-09-2015, 01:18 PM

That was almost 2 weeks ago, now where's the review????

hjames
01-09-2015, 04:23 PM
Patience folks - looks like carolax hasn't been on the site since Jan 6 -
Sometimes life is more important than a pair of speakers ...

Goophy
01-09-2015, 04:28 PM
Looks like they won't arrive until February anyway.
That's what my dealer told me.

I'm probably going to replace my 4365s with 708is. Need something simpler.

carolax
01-09-2015, 09:13 PM
I didn't think they would be in stock and indeed they weren't, still aren't, and won't be for a few weeks. They'll replace a pair of LSR28P's and be used mostly for playback and multimedia editing and I'll be happy to pass along my impressions. The waiting, as the man said, is the hardest part.

Valentin
02-08-2015, 07:57 PM
Any news Carolax :)

carolax
02-09-2015, 09:49 PM
Performance Audio says they haven't shipped from the factory and they didn't order any for stock; my pair will be a special order and won't arrive when the first production versions ship. Neither Sweetwater or B+H have them in their online catalog. Did see a JBL Synthesis post on Facebook about being able to purchase them through the Synthesis dealer channel, such as it is. So I'm waiting.

Tried to find out sensitivity and mounting hole information from JBL, but they were useless, as you'd expect from Haman, a company that values automotive infotainment system profits above all else.

martin2395
02-09-2015, 10:08 PM
ISE electronics fair in Amsterdam RAI starts today, I noticed Harman Professional, JBL Professional, BSS, AKG, DBX, QSC, Peavey, Meyer Sound and even the crazy ultra-fidelity MBL and Wisdom Audio on the exhibitor list, yay!
I got an invitation so I will surely take a look, I wonder if they will have something from the new LSR7xx series.

If you want to visit ISE be prepared to pay €80,- (yes, eighty euros). I can only guess is so high to keep 'Joe average' off and attract only professionals. :banghead:

Valentin
03-03-2015, 04:59 PM
http://www.daleproaudio.com/s-151-jbl-7-series.aspx

kits of amps speakers and Bss dsp are out at daleproaudio

ivica
03-04-2015, 04:23 AM
http://www.daleproaudio.com/s-151-jbl-7-series.aspx

kits of amps speakers and Bss dsp are out at daleproaudio

Hi,

If such products are JBL Pro presentation, a sort of 'flag-ship' then I am staying in belief that in the next decade, it would be hardly to find a man who would believe that JBL name had been a symbol of high quality sound production and (to emphasize here) REproduction. Almost the same as had happened to today Altec-Lansing name etc
[ http://www.alteclansing.com/history/ ]....

Regards
Ivica

Valentin
03-04-2015, 07:00 AM
Interesting

i think JBL / Harman engineers have got to a very high standard in getting to their objectives

and know that even if you have a speaker that has excellent objective and subjective characteristics you still need to adapt it to your room

I do think this calibrated systems are top performers in their format factor
I also think that the M2 are a standard to beat in that format

Goophy
03-09-2015, 04:54 AM
Latest news is that retailers will get them in May.
Guess I have to wait a while.

Valentin
04-09-2015, 03:49 PM
From what i get they are now shipping :bouncy:

Valentin
04-28-2015, 08:40 AM
Yesterday i had a chance to fiscally see the 705i and 708i

Man the 705i are tiny and light its real a very small factor speaker i wonder how the bass is going to be from such a small box

I did not get to hear them :( but i own a pair of LSR 6325p and does are bass shy specs are 70hz-2200000 with a -10db @ 48
Hz
the 705I has a spec of 48Hz- 23000Hz with a -10 @ 39Hz wooooaw thats incredible for such a small factor speaker

of course it wont go loud @ -80hz but for 6 or less feet listening in a small room @ 80dB should do the job

The Revel M106 are by spec -3dB @ 59hz and -10dB @ 39Hz with a sensitivity of 87dB 1w my guess is that the small 705I should be a 85dB sensitivity or less to get that type of bass out of a small box

at least 100 watts of amp for these

Goophy
04-28-2015, 09:40 AM
Did you get to see what kind of terminals they had? Proper ones?

I got some more news today, apparently there is a parts shortage and there's only a few pairs available in the US.
Not available at all in Europe until late June.

I'm getting a bit impatient here!

Valentin
04-28-2015, 02:41 PM
Phoenix terminals

non hi fi but practical for instalation

Goophy
04-29-2015, 03:41 AM
That will work.

Thanks!

Valentin
05-18-2015, 09:38 AM
Performance Audio says they haven't shipped from the factory and they didn't order any for stock; my pair will be a special order and won't arrive when the first production versions ship. Neither Sweetwater or B+H have them in their online catalog. Did see a JBL Synthesis post on Facebook about being able to purchase them through the Synthesis dealer channel, such as it is. So I'm waiting.

Tried to find out sensitivity and mounting hole information from JBL, but they were useless, as you'd expect from Haman, a company that values automotive infotainment system profits above all else.

Hi Carolax

have you any news on your order ?

carolax
05-20-2015, 01:43 PM
Hi Carolax

have you any news on your order ?

Performance Audio decided they won't/can't sell them online, so that order was cancelled. I'll revisit the process when they're in stock somewhere. Harman sure know how to launch a new product, don't they?

Valentin
05-20-2015, 02:49 PM
yes it is incredible !!!!!

Fullcompas and Daleproaudio sell them but do not have them in stock ??????? Seams Dale can only sell them as a packed with amp :(

http://www.fullcompass.com/product/480792.html

http://www.daleproaudio.com/p-26655-jbl-708i2-7-series-stereo-studio-monitor-system.aspx

May they want to wait for............. :confused: who knows Infocom 2015:banghead::banghead::banghead: their marketing stinks

gooddoc
06-15-2015, 05:15 PM
I'm told they are shipping "any day now", lol. I've only been waiting since January and have been told by my dealer (Dale Pro) at least 3 times in the past that "they'll be shipping in a few weeks'.

I had sold my surrounds about a month ago in anticipation of an imminent release, so I haven't had surrounds for about a month now.

But the M2's have an amazing way of making me not really care about it all that much. :) But still, it would be nice to have some surrounds again.

Valentin
06-15-2015, 05:49 PM
Bravo

please keep us posted

:applaud::applaud::applaud:

Mr. Widget
06-15-2015, 08:11 PM
I had sold my surrounds about a month ago in anticipation of an imminent release, so I haven't had surrounds for about a month now.

But the M2's have an amazing way of making me not really care about it all that much. :) But still, it would be nice to have some surrounds again.Hmmm... my surrounds are out in the garage! My LCRs are 1400 Arrays with an 880 Array center... I meant to install the surrounds over a year ago but just can't be bothered to climb into the attic to run the wire. :blink:

Do keep us posted! I bet you will get yours up and running before I do. ;)

Widget

Valentin
06-30-2015, 06:09 PM
tonight at LA

This is a reminder that the June AES-LA monthly meeting will be held on Tuesday, June 30th, 2015 at 8:00 PM at the Sportsmen’s Lodge Event Center, 12833 Ventura Blvd., Studio City, CA 91604 (at the corner of Ventura Blvd. and Coldwater Canyon). Parking is free behind the convention center building; enter off of Coldwater Canyon. The optional pre-meeting dinner is at 7:00 PM. Actual meeting will start at 8pm.

The topic this month is: JBL Case Study: New Transducer and Monitors

JBL Professional, based in nearby Northridge, enjoys an enviable reputation for innovating a number of leading-edge transducers and sound systems for professional audio applications. At the core of its expertise is a continuing focus on original research and development of new types of transducers, such as the patented D2 Dual Compression Driver and the Image Control Waveguide technologies that are now the core of JBL’s new studio monitor platform, including the M2 Master Reference Monitor and 7 Series two-way monitors.

Our speakers for the June 30 AES LA Section Meeting will be Dr. Alexander Voishvillo, Senior Manager of Transducer Engineering and Acoustic Research, and Charles Sprinkle, Senior Systems Engineer at JBL Professional, who will describe the initial technology and its evolution into new smaller transducers that form the heart of JBL’s new 7 Series Studio Monitor series.

Dr. Alexander Voishvillo will describe the D2430K dual driver and how it has spawned a new range of annular diaphragm compression drivers, such as smaller D2415K dual driver and the latest model 2409H, in addition to next-generation woofers that are the heart of the new 7 Series, and ensure that these speakers can deliver extended response and very high output continuously without failure.

The D2 is said to overcome the limitations of conventional compression driver technology, including limited HF extension due to mass of the diaphragm and voice coil, air resonances in compression chamber, as well as nonlinear distortion caused by metallic domes’ high-frequency breakup modes.

Merging two compression drivers into a single, compact transducer with a single acoustical output, the D2 utilizes two voice coils, each with its own lightweight, polymer, annular diaphragm, two magnet assemblies and two precise phasing plugs fabricated out of magnesium alloy. Instead of the large and high-mass, single voice coil/diaphragm assembly of conventional compression drivers based on metallic dome diaphragm, the D2 is equipped with two light moving assemblies. The D2’s pair of annular flexural polymer diaphragms offers approximately the same radiating area as a conventional single dome (attached to the same diameter voice coil), with overall output and power handling being dramatically increased because of the lower moving mass and enhanced heat transfer from two separate voice coils. As used in the JBL VTX V25 three-way, high-directivity line array element, the result is described as dramatically improved efficiency, power handling, smoother HF response and significantly lower level of nonlinear distortion.

Charles Sprinkle will discuss integration of these technologies and describe the M2 formula, leveraging the drivers and waveguide to achieve target performance and neutral in-room response; he will also tell how he applied this formula to a new line of 7 Series two-way monitors.

Alex and Charles will be joined by Peter Chaikin, Director of Recording and Broadcast Marketing with JBL Professional, who will describe how these new technologies are being leveraged to respond to market conditions and needs. JBL targeted the development of studio monitors that deliver very high output, “extended yet neutral in-room response” from systems with compact footprints. For its proof of concept – JBL’s flagship M2 Master Reference Monitor - the patented D2 was paired with an equally capable 2216ND dual voice coil 15-inch woofer, and a patent-pending waveguide design to deliver extended in-room response of 20 Hz to 40 kHz, together with 123 dB SPL at one meter in a two-way system with a 20-inch by 14-inch foot print.

The M2’s waveguide technology held great promise for improving in-room performance, and while the M2 system has a $20,000 per-pair price tag JBL set out to apply the waveguide technology to a most affordable studio monitor, and ones that could deliver neutral response and detailed imaging at $300 per-pair price points. The successful 3 Series JBL monitors demonstrated that these new waveguide technologies offer benefits without adding significant cost. Leveraging lessons learned from the M2 and 3 Series, JBL’s new line of studio monitors utilizes not only the same waveguide technology, but also the M2’s transducer technology. The new 7 Series is designed as “a next-generation solution for post and broadcast facilities engaged in immersive audio production.”

Meetings are free and are open to everyone including students, non-members and guests.

Valentin
07-09-2015, 08:03 PM
The web page update added some BSS AUDIO and CROWN. software Seems that a single wire setup will benefit oF some espesific eq resonance control

Valentin
07-13-2015, 06:14 PM
SpecificationsModel Name: LSR705i

• Frequency Response:-1.5 dB @ 48 Hz – 23 kHz
• Low Frequency Extension
• - 3.0 dB @ 45.0 Hz
• -10 dB @ 39 Hz
• High Frequency Extension: -10dB @ 36 kHz
• Crossover: 1.9 kHz 6th-order acoustic Linkwitz-Riley
• Waveguide Dispersion (Horizontal/Vertical): 115 degrees x 95 degrees
• Max SPL ≥ 101 dB Continuos @ 1m ≥ 107 dB Peak @1m
• LF Transducer: 725G 5-Inch Impedance: 4 ohms
• HF Transducer: 2409H 1-inch compression driver Impedance: 8 ohms
• System minimum impedance: 4 ohms
• Sensitivity: 86dB / 2.83V/1m from 100 Hz to 10000 Hz average
• Single Wire Connection: Euro-block terminal 2 pin. Accepts 12 gauge wire maximum.
• Bi Amplified Connection: Euro-block terminal, 6 pin. Accepts 12 gauge wire maximum.
• Recommended Amplifier Power: 250 Watts/32 VRMS into 4 Ohms
• Dimensions: 10.6 x 5.9 x 8.13 (8.6 with connector), Inches (H x W x D)
• Weight 9.0 lb. 4.08 kg
• Mounting Points on 3 surfaces: Top, Bottom and Rear: Two-Hole pattern, 2.69” oncenter. M6 Metric thread

Note: This loudspeaker is not designed forstand-alone use. A specied HARMANsignal processor and power amplier arerequired. Refer to product documentation

Model Name: LSR708i
• Frequency Response:-1.5 dB @ 45 Hz – 23 kHz
• Low Frequency Extension
• -3.0 dB @ 41.2 Hz
• -10 dB @ 35.5 Hz
• High Frequency Extension: -10dB @ 36 kHz
• Crossover: 1.7 kHz 6th-order acoustic Linkwitz-Riley
• Waveguide Dispersion (Horizontal/Vertical): 110 degrees x 90 degrees
• Max SPL @ 1m Continuous/Peak: ≥ 108 dB / ≥ 114 dB
• LF Transducer: 728G 8-inch Impedance: 4 ohms
• HF Transducer: 2409H 1-inch compression driver Impedance: 8 ohms
• System minimum impedance: 4 ohms
• Sensitivity: 90dB / 2.83V/1m from 100 Hz to 10000 Hz average
• Single Wire Connection: Euro-block terminal 2 pin. Accepts 12 gauge wire maximum.
• Bi Amplified Connection: Euro-block terminal, 6 pin. Accepts 12 gauge wire maximum.
• Recommended Amplifier Power: 250 Watts/32 VRMS into 4 Ohms
• Dimensions: 17.25 x 9.75 x 11.25 (11.75” including connector), Inches (H x W x D)
• Weight: 25.2 lb.
• Mounting Points on 3 surfaces: Top, Bottom and Rear: Four-Hole pattern, 4.25” x 2”M8 Metric thread

80sKid
07-15-2015, 01:54 AM
Note: This loudspeaker is not designed forstand-alone use. A specied HARMANsignal processor and power amplier arerequired. Refer to product documentation

Huh? :confused:

I know that the M2 is like this, but the LSR 705 and 708 as well? Looking at the JBL product info page, there's no mention of needing proprietary electronics.

http://www.jblpro.com/www/products/recording-broadcast/7-series/lsr708i#Tech

grumpy
07-15-2015, 07:22 AM
Not explicitly clear (that I could find either) that the available 'tunings' for BSS London or DCi amps
are -required- for use, but it's implied that the expected-use installations will want/incorporate them.

Valentin
07-15-2015, 08:26 AM
Not explicitly clear (that I could find either) that the available 'tunings' for BSS London or DCi amps
are -required- for use, but it's implied that the expected-use installations will want/incorporate them.

this is a new document at JBLPRO 7 series site

http://www.jblpro.com/ProductAttachments/7Series_SetUpGuide_5.8.15.pdf

it says

grumpy
07-15-2015, 08:34 AM
Thanks! Much clearer as a requirement in that doc (in several places).

pos
07-15-2015, 08:48 AM
Did they published any more precise documentation yet? (spinorama, spec sheet, exploded view, etc.)
I am really intrigued by that compression driver/horn combination...

Valentin
07-15-2015, 09:09 AM
No spins but yes it has more details

Valentin
08-18-2015, 03:28 AM
On tránsit
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c7/ValentinR/E63DD935-0AEF-4FCC-8E0A-551AF874ACDF_zpszjoejit4.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/ValentinR/media/E63DD935-0AEF-4FCC-8E0A-551AF874ACDF_zpszjoejit4.jpg.html)

Ed Zeppeli
08-19-2015, 06:32 AM
Nice. More pictures please.

carolax
08-21-2015, 09:47 AM
Congrats! :applaud: I got tired of the wait and the uncertainty about amplification, cancelled my order, and moved on to a different speaker. For the first time in 40 years there are no JBL speakers in the house, except for a JBL Flip, so I'm very interested in how these work for you.

Valentin
09-25-2015, 06:18 AM
Hi Carolax

708i is a great step down from the M2
the new compression driver/ horn has a very nice and detailed
i have had the chance to compare them to Neumann and Genelec products and the 708 just are on a higher level of detail

bass is very good

Valentin
09-25-2015, 07:29 AM

audiomagnate
09-25-2015, 10:55 AM
Those sexy curves in the Image Control Waveguide look vaguely familiar...

Valentin
10-05-2015, 05:55 PM
New space

Valentin
10-13-2015, 07:31 PM
Imagen control wave guide Studio Monitors

Lsr 708i 705i. And. 308. 305

pos
10-14-2015, 01:44 AM
Nice family portrait :)

Can you please tel us more about how they compare, what they have in common, what put them apart, etc. ?

allen mueller
10-14-2015, 03:40 AM
Very cool picture. Its awesome that you've been able to hear them all at your place. If you have some time, what's your impression on the newer LSR's vs the older LSR's with the 1" dome and the smaller guide around them?

Allen

srm51555
10-14-2015, 08:27 AM
:lurk: Looking good

Valentin
10-14-2015, 07:12 PM
Been Topped By Work

give ve me a cuplé of day and i will gladly elaborate

audiomagnate
10-30-2015, 12:53 AM
What is your impression after two weeks?

Valentin
11-01-2015, 06:00 PM
Hi all

the 7 series are a spectacular product
in these day I have been able to compare them too Adam Ax7,Genelec 8040, Neumann kh120 , Barefoot micro main 27 Focal twin BE none of them have the sense of space that this series gives
the bass extension of the 705i is amazing for the size and the highs are very revealing with out fatigue
min a small room you will not miss the sub
the 708i has the same balance with a little more extension and personally I feel them more relax at medium levels.

Imaging is top notch

JBL has really a great product in their hands

The 3 series has a great balance also but definition extension clarity and volume is simply better in the 7 series price of the 7 series is fully justified in my opinion

RussellD
11-17-2015, 12:49 AM
Valentin, are you using the built in crossover for your tests so far? Which amp are you using?
Thanks, Russell

Valentin
11-17-2015, 05:19 AM
I have been using the single amp configuration with a crown DCI 2/300N
so yes the passive XO is doing its thing

this week I will be I installing a 705i with a biamp configuration DCI 4/300N and from what I saw
the sistem leaves the hipass always on and does the xo for the woofer
plus Eq for booth and delay on the horn

dwaleke
01-28-2016, 04:02 PM
Has anyone listened to the 705s or 708s without the "required" dsp?

Just curious how much of a difference it actually makes and if you are unable to enjoy the speaker without the dsp.

Spinorama
03-14-2016, 10:02 PM
Hi all,

A couple questions:

1. Does anyone know if / when JBL will be publishing measurements for these speakers?

2. How do they compare to the M2s (max SPL and bass extension aside)? Earlier in the thread Valentin states "the 708i is a great step down from the M2" but then later says "the 7 series are a spectacular product". I suppose both statements could be true but perhaps the first statement contains a typo and should read "the 708i are not a great step down from the M2"? In any case, would greatly appreciate reading people's thoughts on this.

Valentin
03-15-2016, 07:34 AM
hi

when i said a step down is in a good way
de 708 and 705 are very very good systems

yes the M2 has more extension than either and has a bigger image and sens of space

its a size thing i would describe not a tonal one

in a small room 705 are amazing

Spinorama
03-15-2016, 09:24 PM
Fantastic. Thank you for the clarification.

You've now got me wondering why there is a difference in image size. The specs indicate similar waveguide dispersion numbers. If they were placed in the same position in a room, what would be the cause of the difference?

Edit: is it simply that the M2s can be placed further apart / in a larger room as they can play louder?

jaswrx
03-21-2016, 01:49 PM
So I am looking at a new speakers for my small apartment living room.

Is there a reason I should buy the new LSR 705 over some of the older higher end studio monitors or even the powered ones?

It seems these look very similar to the base (entry level) 3 series...

Thanks for your help.

Spinorama
04-17-2016, 11:55 PM
Some measurements for these guys have finally surfaced over at avsforum:

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-speakers/1724906-jbl-705i-708i-7-series-master-reference-monitors-725g-728g-subwoofers-jan-2015-a-30.html#post43179826

Valentin
05-11-2016, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the link

I will post them here

Aaron
06-01-2016, 01:46 PM
Has anyone cracked the dsp files so a normal minidsp can be used?
I managed to score a used 705i for $410. It is really nice, but I only have one.

pos
06-01-2016, 01:49 PM
If someone with one of the compatible DSP units can measure the output of the DSP with something like REW or HOLM it will most probably be easy to replicate...

Ed Zeppeli
10-13-2016, 01:55 PM
Where are the 7 Series available for purchase? They're certainly not widely distributed for a two year old product.

Thanks,

Warren

Valentin
10-13-2016, 04:47 PM
Where are the 7 Series available for purchase? They're certainly not widely distributed for a two year old product.

Thanks,

Warren

here is a link

http://www.jblpro.com/www/products/recording-broadcast/7-series#fancyBoxContainer

Ed Zeppeli
10-13-2016, 07:37 PM
here is a link

http://www.jblpro.com/www/products/recording-broadcast/7-series#fancyBoxContainer

I can't seem to locate the Buy Now button at that link.

DS-21
02-18-2017, 09:11 PM
Does anyone know if the 708i's baffle is removable? It looks like it might be held on with screws, but I'm not certain and don't want to destroy one.

The reason I'd want to remove the baffles is that I'm thinking of using them in a living room, so a more furniture-like cabinet is required, either nice veneer or a furniture-grade paint job.

husq2100
05-26-2018, 05:22 PM
Can someone explain to me (in simple terms) what is needed to make these run (non powered version) in home stereo. I have a standard HT amp atm

Don C
05-27-2018, 09:39 AM
I think that you can connect them as usual and play them. The DSP is not absolutely necessary just to listen to them. But I'd think you would want a BSS DSP unit as a nice upgrade at some point. I haven't heard them with or without the DSP, so I can't comment on how they sound either way.
https://www.jblpro.com/ProductAttachments/7_Series_Installed_Models_Set_Up_Guide_20160601.pd f

lesliew
10-26-2018, 02:17 PM
Does anyone know if the 708i's baffle is removable? It looks like it might be held on with screws, but I'm not certain and don't want to destroy one.

The reason I'd want to remove the baffles is that I'm thinking of using them in a living room, so a more furniture-like cabinet is required, either nice veneer or a furniture-grade paint job.

I know its an old thread but were you ever successful taking the baffle off the 708i. There are about 10 small screws holding the baffle on but I'm also wondering if they used any glue. I also don't want to destroy the cabinet just to find out.

A project I'm looking to do in the future is to turn these into in-walls. The SCL-4's from the synthesis line are really the in-wall versions of 708's and use the same CD but only a 7" driver however they cost 3 times the price. I can easily build a new skinny cabinet that maintains the same volume as the 708's and adjust EQ to take into account baffle step compensation but would need to re-use the baffle because of the waveguide.

Anyone see a problem with doing this ?

lesliew
10-26-2018, 02:20 PM
Can someone explain to me (in simple terms) what is needed to make these run (non powered version) in home stereo. I have a standard HT amp atm

Cheapest way appears to be by using them together with a minidsp. PEQ's posted here https://www.minidsp.com/forum/minidsp-for-newbies/12769-jbl-lsr708i-dsp#29625