PDA

View Full Version : JBL 4320 vs L200 comparison

tinpan
10-02-2014, 01:18 PM
Been lurking here a while and thought I would reach out a little. I have a couple buddies that have JBL 4320's and having been kicking the idea around about picking a pair up.
I have seen L200's which look similar in spec and I was wondering what the differences were between these two speakers.

I did see a pair of 4320's on cl last year for $600 but apparently there is at least one individual with quicker lightning speed reflects than mine so I lost out on that pair. I have seen a couple pair on ebay between $1,800 and $2,000 before they were parted out. One of my buddies is suggesting holding out for a pair in the $1,500 range though I'm not sure that will happen.

Anyway, L200's seem readily available, it looks like they both crossover around 800 Hz but the drivers are slightly different. It seems like the 4320's are all plywood construction but the L200's might be plywood or pressboard depending on the year.

Thanks

Tinpan

hjames
10-02-2014, 03:11 PM
I'm not selling mine any time soon - and they've been tweaked out and customized,
but if you are interested, I'll send you an email next time we have a local listening party
(just 4 or 5 of us in the Fairfax/Annandale/Burke area) and you can have a listen.
Mine started as an ugly pair of 4320s and I moved parts into the prettier L200 Cabinets,
then started upgrading. (see my Avatar)

I do have one spare (bare) cabinet I'd sell for - say, $100 if you wanted to start playing around with them.
I had originally planned to set it up as a center channel with the other 2 for home theater,
but went another direction for the theater gear and now its cluttering my basement!

Been lurking here a while and thought I would reach out a little. I have a couple buddies that have JBL 4320's and having been kicking the idea around about picking a pair up.
I have seen L200's which look similar in spec and I was wondering what the differences were between these two speakers.

I did see a pair of 4320's on cl last year for $600 but apparently there is at least one individual with quicker lightning speed reflects than mine so I lost out on that pair. I have seen a couple pair on ebay between $1,800 and $2,000 before they were parted out. One of my buddies is suggesting holding out for a pair in the $1,500 range though I'm not sure that will happen.

Anyway, L200's seem readily available, it looks like they both crossover around 800 Hz but the drivers are slightly different. It seems like the 4320's are all plywood construction but the L200's might be plywood or pressboard depending on the year.

Thanks

Tinpan

tinpan
10-03-2014, 06:42 AM
Hi Heather,

Wow, that would be great. I love listening partys, it's always fun to learn about a new system. I am fairly well versed on Altec gear and Lowther gear but I don't know much about JBL. So the journey continues....and I probably will adopt that orphaned cabinet from you. They seem to follow me home.:bouncy:

Thanks

Robin

Mr. Widget
10-03-2014, 11:50 AM
It depends on version... there are several iterations of the 4320 and the L200. In general they are virtually the same, but between one unit and another there may be a number of differences.

Regarding price, the professional models of JBL almost always command lower prices even when the difference is only paint color. This may be due to the fear that pro use is typically harder on the equipment, or it may be due to model familiarity and collector value.

Widget