PDA

View Full Version : 4350 room placement (high mid and tweeter section)

j20056
09-29-2014, 06:17 PM
My room is about 14 feet wide by 22 long, speakers positioned along the smaller side. They are located against the wall, in the corners, with about 4 feet between them. Currently, I have them laid out whereby the high-mid diffraction horn and the tweeter (they are bi in the same vertical axis), together the "High" section, is located at the far end of the room center line. Therefore, each High section is about a 2 feet from each wall, and therefore about 10 feet from each other, which is the widest they can be.
i was wondering if the sound might be better by inverting the speakers so that the High sections are closer to the middle, more like 6 feet from each other.
it is really hard to move these guys as they are elevated on a 10 inch pedestal, so I was wondering if there is an obvious consensus one way or the other.
I appreciate any insights

1audiohack
09-29-2014, 10:47 PM
I don't have a clear answer to this.

Factors I would consider are listening distance and the reflective level of the near side walls. I won't speculate as I haven't had mine in a similar space.

Can you get them on some quality furniture dollies for a trial period?

Sorry to be of no help.

Barry.

Mr. Widget
09-30-2014, 10:57 PM
I think they will sound better along the long wall if at all possible. Tweeters in-board and 9' tweeter to tweeter and sit back about 9' from them.

Widget