PDA

View Full Version : JBL PRX 735! Ipressions?

Kalle
09-25-2014, 09:49 AM
Anyone listend to JBL PRX 735 (SR) speaker? On the paper they looks quite nice. From the people in the PA-buisness I`we heard they sound nice. But how are they compared to a high end system?

http://www.jblpro.com/www/products/portable-market/prx700-series/prx735#.VCRGefl_vMI

/
Karl

macaroonie
09-25-2014, 10:44 AM
I have no personal experience of these , however it is plain to see that the sophistication allowed by DSP control of the system is taking PA speaker to a ' next generation ' level.
I would expect these to sound very good indeed at domestic levels if that is what you are examining, probably missing a little in bass extension as these would normally be used with subs for that.
Best to try before you buy , as always.

Kalle
09-27-2014, 08:42 AM
I think they can sound nice even with HIFI preferences. If i get the chance I will listen to them. Should sound better than the 2-way PRX boxes. What I have heard it sounds much better than the PRX 725 (dual 15" and 1,5") but lacks output. Not extremely expensive either with both DSP and amps.

/Karl

macaroonie
09-27-2014, 08:47 AM
Check out VTX F15 , more expensive but has the HF from the M2 monitor. It is in a utility box of course.

Mctwins
09-28-2014, 09:56 AM
Hallo!

The PRX700 series blows any high-end system away without any problems regardless off cost. I have PRX635 and PRX618S-XLF series and I am very satisfied with how they sound. I have not heard the PRX700 series, yet.:)

Just go for it if you have a room to put them in. You will get enormous SPL level with that kind of system and the speakers will hold for it without any damage, only your ears will set the limits.

JBL pro :applaud:

Kalle
09-29-2014, 10:36 PM
:applaud:
NICE!

So you have them for HIFI/home? I think the biggest diffrent with the PRX 7xx is that the amps have fans. There have been some problems with heat after hard sessions in some PRX 6xx reported.
What are you comparing them with?
How is it with the lows in the 18"?

/Karl

Hallo!

The PRX700 series blows any high-end system away without any problems regardless off cost. I have PRX635 and PRX618S-XLF series and I am very satisfied with how they sound. I have not heard the PRX700 series, yet.:)

Just go for it if you have a room to put them in. You will get enormous SPL level with that kind of system and the speakers will hold for it without any damage, only your ears will set the limits.

JBL pro :applaud:

Mctwins
09-30-2014, 12:16 AM
:applaud:
NICE!

So you have them for HIFI/home? I think the biggest diffrent with the PRX 7xx is that the amps have fans. There have been some problems with heat after hard sessions in some PRX 6xx reported.
What are you comparing them with?
How is it with the lows in the 18"?

/Karl

Hallo!

Yes, I have them for HIFI/Home. I have read about the heat, don't have any issues with that. The 18" is great, shakes the house down. I am running it with dbx260 and x-over the PRX635 at High-pass 93Hz LR48 and the sub is OUT. The sub has it's own internal x-over settings. x-over gain at 0(zero).

There is knobs on the back where one can set the volume level to your liking.

Don't understand your question about, "What are you comparing them with?"

Kalle
09-30-2014, 01:15 AM
Hallo!

Yes, I have them for HIFI/Home. I have read about the heat, don't have any issues with that. The 18" is great, shakes the house down. I am running it with dbx260 and x-over the PRX635 at High-pass 93Hz LR48 and the sub is OUT. The sub has it's own internal x-over settings. x-over gain at 0(zero).

There is knobs on the back where one can set the volume level to your liking.

Don't understand your question about, "What are you comparing them with?"

What HIFI speakers have you compared them with.

Mctwins
10-01-2014, 02:12 AM
What HIFI speakers have you compared them with.

Hallo!

I had von Schweikert VR4HSE before, sounded great until I heard the PRX. I just bought them without listening to them first. PRX is in another level when it comes to punch, power and SPL level. Better transducers and best of all, horn loaded compression drivers.

PRX has, if not the same regarding detail and openess. Even my JBL 4429 sounds better than vons ;)

To be honest, there is nothing to compare.:dont-know: