PDA

View Full Version : Bi-amping the 1400 array

DAVID POHLER
09-13-2014, 09:15 AM
Hello All,

I've searched and read all the threads/posts on this topic and have found none where someone has/is successively bi-amping a pair of 1400-Arrays. This should lead to an improved sound or GT would not have bi-amped his pair of 1200-Arrays and posted the necessary information on how to go about doing it.

I will admit I have the disease... Every few years I get a very strong urge to upgrade my system; Guess this will always be the case knowing something better is out there. I'd love to own and play with the M2's but lack a proper dedicated listening room and the necessary (fun tickets). Sooooo I'd like to get the most out of what I've got. I'd like to try running a Class A amp. on the HF, maybe a First Watt J2 or Pass Labs XA-30.5 and try a few different amps on the LF to tighten it up a bit.

Possible Electronic Crossover and internal settings:

Pass Labs XVR-1

Low Pass: 750 Hz 24db/oct High Q
High Pass: 750 Hz 6db/oct Low Q

I lack the technical experience to know if the above will work and duplicate the voltage curve GT posted. I'm also not sure if there is any EQ built into the stock
LF crossover. I need some help.....

I've learned a lot over the years reading the informative posts here; I'd like to thank all of you for sharing your knowledge!!!
I look forward to reading your replies.

Dave

JeffW
09-13-2014, 02:53 PM
You might PM Cyclotronguy (http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/member.php?1369-Cyclotronguy), he's familiar with the hardware you mention and he knows a guy with 1400 Arrays.