PDA

View Full Version : Speaker polarity wire colour.. please help easy wuestion

neilcharlton
09-12-2014, 03:52 AM
So this will be an easy question , but I just want to double check . bought these 4425 s from ebay , and one speaker sound crackly at high levels.
opened them up to find the speaker driver wires connected differently.

now can someone confirm the green and BLACK wire is the negative terminal !? , the solid green is Positive ? i tried a multimeter but couldn't identify them

see pics attached.

I just wanted to double check before I swapped the wires around ...

Odd
09-12-2014, 04:39 AM
Green and BLACK wire is negative
Solid green is positive

neilcharlton
09-12-2014, 04:39 AM
tnx :)

Wagner
09-17-2014, 09:07 PM
So this will be an easy question , but I just want to double check . bought these 4425 s from ebay , and one speaker sound crackly at high levels.
opened them up to find the speaker driver wires connected differently.

now can someone confirm the green and BLACK wire is the negative terminal !? , the solid green is Positive ? i tried a multimeter but couldn't identify them

see pics attached.

I just wanted to double check before I swapped the wires around ...

Being wired out of phase from one another is not going to give you "crackly" sound though

You have another problem if that is the case ("crackle")

Hopefully something simple

allen mueller
09-20-2014, 02:25 AM
The crackling might be a dirty L-Pad. Work them back and forth and see if that is the cause. If it is you might get lucky and only have to work them some to make the crackling go away. Worst case if you have to replace them its not to hard to do.

iamhifi
09-24-2014, 12:56 PM
Very easy,
When in doubt connect 2 wires on the speaker cabinet, get a 1.5 V battery and connect positve to red and black to negative, see if the woofer motion is foward, if it goes backwards then switch the wires on the woofer to get foward motion.
Angel