PDA

View Full Version : Altec 605a duplex horn same as 604 horn?

script56
09-06-2014, 08:04 AM
Hello. I have altec 604 duplex that I need a multicellular horn installed. Due to the high cost of altec 604 I am wondering if altec 605 horn is the same size and same bolt pattern install. Any information would be appreciated

wweigle
09-10-2014, 08:50 PM
Great Plain Audio is where you need to ask this question. Google them. They are the go to place for Altec replacement parts and service. I believe they bought a lot of the Altec tooling when the factory closed.

Horn Fanatic
09-22-2014, 09:33 PM
Hello. I have altec 604 duplex that I need a multicellular horn installed. Due to the high cost of altec 604 I am wondering if altec 605 horn is the same size and same bolt pattern install. Any information would be appreciated

The horns on the 604C through 8G are identical. They are not a true multi-cell compared to the 604 & 604B. The latter horns have earned the nick name, "Egg crate", for very good reason. All of the 604 horns however, have the same two screw mounting pattern including that horrible Mantaray abomination. Even the UREI horn has the same pattern as the 604 & 604B. Imagine that! The new GPA horn for the 8H III has the same pattern, but there is the issue with the throat entry of the horn matching up with the plastic tube in the ALNICO drivers.

Check this out! Bill is making the 604E horn.

http://www.greatplainsaudio.com/downloads/604E Series II Spec Sheet.pdf

H.F.