PDA

View Full Version : JBL 4343's used in Discos in the 70's?

Goldjazz
09-04-2014, 04:14 AM
Ok so I'm a little young to have been going to Disco's in '79. I was surprised to read this snippet from the year which talks about a Roller Disco event featuring a "holographic" sound system which was comprised of...

"8 x JBL 4343 four way speakers" "Four of them are suspended 20 feet in the air, four are eight feet in the air and all the bass elements are on the ground. There's a computerized processor which randomly throws the sound on any one of the eight suspended speakers"

The Roller disco was in Hawaii but they talk about using this same sound system at the Roseland Ballroom in NYC for a Billboard Disco Event.

http://books.google.com.au/books?id=6CMEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PT80&dq=jbl+4343+disco&hl=en&sa=X&ei=qEQIVMb9Htjd8AW-oYKQBA&ved=0CDEQ6wEwAA#v=onepage&q=jbl%204343%20disco&f=false

Also surprised that JBL actually marketed 4343's to be used in discos. I thought these babies were reserved for the studios. check out the brochure

http://www.diyaudio.rs/JBL/JBL%20-%20First%20in%20disco%20(2202A,%202390,%202405,%20 2440,%203105,%204343,%204350,%205234,%206007,%2060 11,%206021,%206233,%20K151)%20(1979)%20(English).p df

martin2395
09-04-2014, 04:51 AM
Well, why not. They all can produce massive SPL for a disco.

tomee
09-04-2014, 06:27 AM
it's amazing what Google searching will turn up these days, with Google scanning everything ever printed. With all the old Billboard issues scanned and open to view, and it's been pretty cool to go back over a few of them here and there. I wish "Audio" and "Audio Engineering" was open (it's scanned but not made public..)

I can't comment much on the disco question, but there have been references made here over the years about JBLs being used in some well known clubs in the major cities. I believe a bunch of 4340s (in utility cabs) were used in Montreal clubs back in the 1980's. I see no reason for JBL to not sell those systems to dance clubs - as Martin 2395 says, they could produce loud, clean, and consistent sound, and that would bring in customers to the clubs.

pyonc
09-04-2014, 09:17 AM
Ok so I'm a little young to have been going to Disco's in '79. I was surprised to read this snippet from the year which talks about a Roller Disco event featuring a "holographic" sound system which was comprised of...

"8 x JBL 4343 four way speakers" "Four of them are suspended 20 feet in the air, four are eight feet in the air and all the bass elements are on the ground. There's a computerized processor which randomly throws the sound on any one of the eight suspended speakers"

The Roller disco was in Hawaii but they talk about using this same sound system at the Roseland Ballroom in NYC for a Billboard Disco Event.

http://books.google.com.au/books?id=6CMEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PT80&dq=jbl+4343+disco&hl=en&sa=X&ei=qEQIVMb9Htjd8AW-oYKQBA&ved=0CDEQ6wEwAA#v=onepage&q=jbl 4343 disco&f=false

Also surprised that JBL actually marketed 4343's to be used in discos. I thought these babies were reserved for the studios. check out the brochure

http://www.diyaudio.rs/JBL/JBL - First in disco (2202A, 2390, 2405, 2440, 3105, 4343, 4350, 5234, 6007, 6011, 6021, 6233, K151) (1979) (English).pdf

Don't know much about it. Interesting. What I know for sure is 4343s were immensely popular outside of studios in Japan. Numerous audiophiles there used 4343s in their living rooms for jazz listening in the 1970s...

martin2395
09-04-2014, 12:20 PM
it's amazing what Google searching will turn up these days, with Google scanning everything ever printed. With all the old Billboard issues scanned and open to view, and it's been pretty cool to go back over a few of them here and there. I wish "Audio" and "Audio Engineering" was open (it's scanned but not made public..)

I can't comment much on the disco question, but there have been references made here over the years about JBLs being used in some well known clubs in the major cities. I believe a bunch of 4340s (in utility cabs) were used in Montreal clubs back in the 1980's. I see no reason for JBL to not sell those systems to dance clubs - as Martin 2395 says, they could produce loud, clean, and consistent sound, and that would bring in customers to the clubs.

If a club in the Netherlands still had a bunch of 4343 and/or 4350's (or even something crazier like Clair S4 or Gauss stacks) in use I would buy a lifetime membership for it :D

Goldjazz
09-04-2014, 01:04 PM
Don't know much about it. Interesting. What I know for sure is 4343s were immensely popular outside of studios in Japan. Numerous audiophiles there used 4343s in their living rooms for jazz listening in the 1970s...

Yeah for sure, I was in japan earlier this year and auditioned a bunch of big jbl's. I ended up getting a pair of 4343s.

Goldjazz
09-04-2014, 01:22 PM
[QUOTE=martin2395;365885]Well, why not. They all can produce massive..

Yeah I just got a pair of 4343s and finished the refoam the other day. I fired them up in the massive space you can see in the attached pic cause there was no room in my workshop, it was late at night amd nobody around so I got them load. just filled the huge space with clean music and slamming bass. Even with only with my 110wpc sansui. They are pretty amazing. Yeah so I can imagine with proper amplification 8 of these babies would blow the mind of a stoned rollerskater :)

martin2395
09-04-2014, 01:50 PM
With a Crown K2 and HP filter set to 30-40Hz, pure madness! :)

I wonder what mine can produce loaded with 2235H, 2123H and 2441 drivers. Sadly I don't think my neighbours will like that:D

pyonc
09-05-2014, 05:48 AM
Yeah for sure, I was in japan earlier this year and auditioned a bunch of big jbl's. I ended up getting a pair of 4343s.

Perfect decision! By the way, you mentioned 5234A with factory 4343 cards in your previous thread. Are you using it now? If you're, won't you share any episode?

pyonc
09-05-2014, 05:57 AM
[QUOTE=martin2395;365885]Well, why not. They all can produce massive..

Yeah I just got a pair of 4343s and finished the refoam the other day. I fired them up in the massive space you can see in the attached pic cause there was no room in my workshop, it was late at night amd nobody around so I got them load. just filled the huge space with clean music and slamming bass. Even with only with my 110wpc sansui. They are pretty amazing. Yeah so I can imagine with proper amplification 8 of these babies would blow the mind of a stoned rollerskater :)

Play jazz such as Art Blakey, Miles Davis or John Coltrane, and you'd feel as if you're in a live jazz club!!!
You'll see why Japanese jazz fans are crazy about these particular 4-way 4343s, and 4344s.

hjames
09-05-2014, 06:03 AM
[QUOTE=Goldjazz;365901]

Play jazz such as Art Blakey, Miles Davis or John Coltrane, and you'd feel as if you're in a live jazz club!!!
You'll see why Japanese jazz fans are crazy about these particular 4-way 4343s, and 4344s.

How much Jazz did they play in the discos in the 70s??

Google Link from the original Post (http://books.google.com.au/books?id=6CMEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PT80&dq=jbl+4343+disco&hl=en&sa=X&ei=qEQIVMb9Htjd8AW-oYKQBA&ved=0CDEQ6wEwAA#v=onepage&q=jbl 4343 disco&f=false)

pyonc
09-05-2014, 08:13 AM
[QUOTE=pyonc;365922]

How much Jazz did they play in the discos in the 70s??

Google Link from the original Post (http://books.google.com.au/books?id=6CMEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PT80&dq=jbl+4343+disco&hl=en&sa=X&ei=qEQIVMb9Htjd8AW-oYKQBA&ved=0CDEQ6wEwAA#v=onepage&q=jbl 4343 disco&f=false)

How much? Hardly ever, I think. Mostly rock 'n' roll? I'm not talking about the disco music at the time.
4343s were hugely popular among the Japanese mainly because they appealed to their jazz listening.
And this gentleman could feel the same intensity, too, if he plays jazz or even rock 'n' roll.

hjames
09-05-2014, 08:35 AM
How much? Hardly ever, I think. Mostly rock 'n' roll? I'm not talking about the disco music at the time.
4343s were hugely popular among the Japanese mainly because they appealed to their jazz listening.
And this gentleman could feel the same intensity, too, if he plays jazz or even rock 'n' roll.

But see, the discussion here WAS talking about using 4343s in Disco clubs in the 70s ...
its even the title of the thread itself. It was NOT a thread talking about retro Jazz clubs in Japan.

I'm not a huge disco fan - I have much more 'trane, mingus & miles in my stacks than disco,
but have you tried a little disco on your big JBLs ... nothing too fringe, or hard to find,
heck, just a bit of the long play version of the Georgio Moroder/Donna Summers track "I Feel Love"
You should give it a spin - its a great track to workout your JBLs

You could feel the same intensity, the same bass if you even tried a bit of that song ...
Or even try some Earth Wind & Fire, Funkadelic, or any similar track to get the blood pumping
and get you on your feet! Find some Bootsie, for sure!

jazz is kinda dry for dancing and that sort of thing, right?

Goldjazz
09-05-2014, 10:45 AM
Perfect decision! By the way, you mentioned 5234A with factory 4343 cards in your previous thread. Are you using it now? If you're, won't you share any episode?

Chees. Yeah I havent got the 5234A yet, nor the amps I wanna biamp with. Will definitely report back when I do

Goldjazz
09-05-2014, 10:51 AM
[QUOTE=Goldjazz;365901]

Ive only had one listening session at this point..so busy. I did play Miles Davis...really cool.

pyonc
09-05-2014, 11:03 AM
Chees. Yeah I havent got the 5234A yet, nor the amps I wanna biamp with. Will definitely report back when I do

I look forward to hear that. At the moment, I'm using this vintage crossover with two Crown amps in a biamp mode. Just sound great!

pyonc
09-05-2014, 11:04 AM
[QUOTE=pyonc;365922]

Ive only had one listening session at this point..so busy. I did play Miles Davis...really cool.

Great. I don't know your favorite music, but be it rock or jazz or even classical, 4343s will not disappoint you. Especially, jazz.

Goldjazz
09-05-2014, 11:37 AM
[QUOTE=hjames;365929]But see, the discussion here WAS talking about using 4343s in Disco clubs in
but have you tried a little disco on your big JBLs ...

Not yet. I love many types of music. Ive only had the one listening session so far "papa was a rollin stone" by the temptations stood out which is closest I got, as did "days are.numbers" alan parsons amd "radioactivity" kraftwerk. Yeah I have no doubt they will play disco well. They definitely can slam the bass, theres often a lot instrumental and electronic details and layers going on in disco for them 4343s to expand amd make distinct. I was listening to "keep forgetting" Michael Mcdonald amd noting how distinct all the elemwnts sounded and heard a whole layer of kind of synth going on in the background that i hadnt heard before. and a I'll give some of those tracks you recommend a listen, hey the industrial building i keep them in is even big enough to rollerskate in :)

Yeah I was suprised that 4343s were being used in discos. Surprised 1. That it is actually suited to the application since i think of 4343s as being carefully positioned in a studio amd perhaps with a narrowish sweet spot. but to the point made earlier they are capable of serious spls so why not. And Suprised 2. That some discos were investing in high end gear like this. I think its cool that they were trying to deliver a real experience for people. Definitely no snobbery going on regarding the music itself, be it jazz, disco, classical, rock whatever you can get deeply engaged with the music and i think part of the reason why we are all here (on this forum) is that we know that being engaged and immersed in the music is awesome and this great vintage jbl/altec gear can enhance that

pyonc
09-05-2014, 01:36 PM
Definitely no snobbery going on regarding the music itself, be it jazz, disco, classical, rock whatever you can get deeply engaged with the music and i think part of the reason why we are all here (on this forum) is that we know that being engaged and immersed in the music is awesome and this great vintage jbl/altec gear can enhance that

Yea, I agree!:applaud:

pyonc
09-05-2014, 01:48 PM
GT himself has stated that JBL's destined for Nippon are voiced differently and the bass response is reduced. Straight up, standard JBL's made for USA are fine with me.

Really? I hear JBL produced 4344 MK II primarily for the Japanese market.

hjames
09-05-2014, 01:57 PM
Yep - that the cool thing - you can find so much engaging music when you have great speakers like those ...
I kind of liked vintage TDream and Kraftwork - but the bigger speakers brought out a whole lot more detail in a lot of other music I had not paid as much attention to.

I will admit up front - Malcolm Mclaren's "Fan" is about as close to opera as I'll ever get, and I doubt I'll find a point of connection with rap and hip hop
(tho Art of Noise pushes on the edge of some of that) ... but that leaves a HUGE filed of stuff that can delight me ...

Get those puppies home and enjoy them - and - I suspect you'll be amazed when you get them setup for biamp ... another layer opens in the quality!

Not yet. I love many types of music. Ive only had the one listening session so far "papa was a rollin stone" by the temptations stood out which is closest I got, as did "days are.numbers" alan parsons amd "radioactivity" kraftwerk. Yeah I have no doubt they will play disco well. They definitely can slam the bass, theres often a lot instrumental and electronic details and layers going on in disco for them 4343s to expand amd make distinct. I was listening to "keep forgetting" Michael Mcdonald amd noting how distinct all the elemwnts sounded and heard a whole layer of kind of synth going on in the background that i hadnt heard before. and a I'll give some of those tracks you recommend a listen, hey the industrial building i keep them in is even big enough to rollerskate in :)

Yeah I was suprised that 4343s were being used in discos. Surprised 1. That it is actually suited to the application since i think of 4343s as being carefully positioned in a studio amd perhaps with a narrowish sweet spot. but to the point made earlier they are capable of serious spls so why not. And Suprised 2. That some discos were investing in high end gear like this. I think its cool that they were trying to deliver a real experience for people. Definitely no snobbery going on regarding the music itself, be it jazz, disco, classical, rock whatever you can get deeply engaged with the music and i think part of the reason why we are all here (on this forum) is that we know that being engaged and immersed in the music is awesome and this great vintage jbl/altec gear can enhance that

martin2395
09-05-2014, 03:40 PM
Forget jazz and put some Giorgio Moroder on! :spin: :)

By the way, I have yet to hear better bottom end than what the 2235H in my 4343 can produce when powered with a Crown K2.
It just sounds so effortless and detailed, you can hear even the most subtle things while listening to classical music but when needed the can produce thunderous, chest thumping bass with little effort.

Before I bought the 4343's I owned B&W Nautilis 802's and even with a massive DBX BX1 poweramp they still were bass shy on lower volume levels, boy those things soak amp power like a sponge!

Goldjazz
09-05-2014, 05:38 PM
Forget jazz and put some Giorgio Moroder on! :spin: :)

By the way, I have yet to hear better bottom end than what the 2235H in my 4343 can produce when powered with a Crown K2.
It just sounds so effortless and detailed, you can hear even the most subtle things while listening to classical music but when needed the can produce thunderous, chest thumping bass with little effort.

Before I bought the 4343's I owned B&W Nautilis 802's and even with a massive DBX BX1 poweramp they still were bass shy on lower volume levels, boy those things soak amp power like a sponge!

Ha well Giorgio used a pair of 4311s so no wonder his music is suited to jbls :)
I did read that the 2235h was an improved 2231h. Did you hear both? Yeah the synergy and history of crowns and jbls is well documented here. I'm definitely considering it.

Goldjazz
09-05-2014, 07:00 PM
[QUOTE=hjames;365929]But see, the discussion here WAS talking about using 4343s in Disco clubs in the 70s ...
its even the title of the thread itself. It was NOT a thread talking about retro Jazz clubs in Japan.

heck, just a bit of the long play version of the Georgio Moroder/Donna Summers track "I Feel Love"

Listening to this right now on the 43's ....jaw dropping. Good call

hjames
09-05-2014, 07:29 PM
If you like that and you like Kraftwerk, chase down some Tangerine Dream - the Soundtrack for Thief is pretty good (Try "Beach Scene" or "Burning Bar") ...

After the discussion here, I got stuck on David Bowie: Lets Dance (with Nile Rodgers and Stevie Ray Vaughn!)
... tracks like Cat People, China Girl, Criminal World - and - Under Pressure - there's a lot of PUNCH to that album!

Got to scoot - have fun!

But see, the discussion here WAS talking about using 4343s in Disco clubs in the 70s ...

Listening to this right now on the 43's ....jaw dropping. Good call

SEAWOLF97
09-05-2014, 07:57 PM
so a bunch of posts about how wonderful the 4343's are ....but it's pretty well accepted that the 4345 is better ?

any argument yet ?

so now then compare the 4345 with the 250Ti , as the designer of both has.

Before closing I should comment briefly about the 250 - 4345 comparison. Simply put, I prefer a 250. I like the bass quality of the LE14 woofer. Alway have and always will. The 2245 when used as a dedicated sub is one of the best sounding woofers ever. It has an amazing blend of speed, pitch and punch. So does the 14" but the 18" is better. Unfortunately the 18" dislike for passive networks hurts it more than the 14" is hurt by a passive network. I think the mid and high range on the 250 is smoother and much more open however the 4345 wins by a bunch in terms of effortless dynamic sound. I have made all of the above changes to 250 systems (except for separate amp on UHF) and the improvement is huge. I have not done so on the 4345 but I suspect that that system will benefit from theses changes more than a 250 would. If both systems were tweaked out to about the same level, I suspect it would be very hard to come up with a clear overall winner, but I think I might lean towards the 4345 as having the greater potential.

does that now put the 250Ti above the 4343 ? (discounting the huge sound aid of a blue face ?) ... produced too late for Disco tho .. :crying:

Goldjazz
09-05-2014, 09:46 PM
does that now put the 250Ti above the 4343 ? (discounting the huge sound aid of a blue face ?) ... produced too late for Disco tho

I've never heard the 250ti or the 4345, I have heard a 4344 and a paragon. Would love to hear both those some day among many others.

audiomagnate
09-06-2014, 12:49 AM
does that now put the 250Ti above the 4343 ? (discounting the huge sound aid of a blue face ?) ... produced too late for Disco tho

I've never heard the 250ti or the 4345, I have heard a 4344 and a paragon. Would love to hear both those some day among many others.

Too late for disco? Disco never went away, they just started calling them "clubs" a while ago. The drivers in the 250ti are not capable of playing at disco levels.

honkytonkwillie
09-06-2014, 01:28 AM
Yep - that the cool thing - you can find so much engaging music when you have great speakers like those ... For Sure. Just today I read - in some forgettable publication from a writer I've never heard of - an amp review from 2003. One of his keen observations about great gear was that it makes you want to listen to lots of things outside of your usual comfort zone. A year ago I never would have listened to Lionel Hampton, but last weekend he got about three hours of play!

Goldjazz
09-06-2014, 03:29 AM
If you like that and you like Kraftwerk, chase down some Tangerine Dream - the Soundtrack for Thief is pretty good (Try "Beach Scene" or "Burning Bar") ...

After the discussion here, I got stuck on David Bowie: Lets Dance (with Nile Rodgers and Stevie Ray Vaughn!)
... tracks like Cat People, China Girl, Criminal World - and - Under Pressure - there's a lot of PUNCH to that album!

Got to scoot - have fun!

Yeah so this was my second listening session and i actually was listening to Tangerine dream as my friend came by who's a big fan. Stevie wonder superstition was great as was boogie wonderland (earth wind) and Can you get to that (funkadelic). Then I was just jumping all over the place I switched to some classical (yo-yo ma, ennio morricone and mahler), shine on you crazy diamond, and comfortably numb, then flamenco sketches. all that stuff sounded pretty cool. It's funny how some tracks just really "work" and other are just so so. I haven't yet worked out if the so so ones are just poorly recorded and/or produced or that they're not suited to these punchy big speakers. But for the tracks that really work on these things it's like discovering the song all over again, it's kind of a different experience and makes you think that this was the experience that was intended by the artist if you know what I mean.

hjames
09-06-2014, 04:49 AM
Yeah so this was my second listening session and i actually was listening to Tangerine dream as my friend came by who's a big fan. Stevie wonder superstition was great as was boogie wonderland (earth wind) and Can you get to that (funkadelic). Then I was just jumping all over the place I switched to some classical (yo-yo ma, ennio morricone and mahler), shine on you crazy diamond, and comfortably numb, then flamenco sketches. all that stuff sounded pretty cool. It's funny how some tracks just really "work" and other are just so so. I haven't yet worked out if the so so ones are just poorly recorded and/or produced or that they're not suited to these punchy big speakers. But for the tracks that really work on these things it's like discovering the song all over again, it's kind of a different experience and makes you think that this was the experience that was intended by the artist if you know what I mean.

Yep - know exactly what you mean.
Makes you wonder if the 4343 (or a close cousin) were the speakers
used in the recording studio when those tracks were first mastered!

Goldjazz
09-06-2014, 09:46 AM
Yep - know exactly what you mean.
Makes you wonder if the 4343 (or a close cousin) were the speakers
used in the recording studio when those tracks were first mastered!

Yep exactly

martin2395
09-06-2014, 01:20 PM
Has anybody ever seen a 4343 in a recording studio? I saw 431x, 432x and 4350's but never the 4343. The 4344 and latter were never used in studio's I think.

hjames
09-06-2014, 02:01 PM
Has anybody ever seen a 4343 in a recording studio? I saw 431x, 432x and 4350's but never the 4343. The 4344 and latter were never used in studio's I think.

I bought my 4341s from a recording studio in York PA ...

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=24849&stc=1&d=1178421976

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=24855&stc=1&d=1178422030

Goldjazz
09-06-2014, 04:24 PM
I bought my 4341s from a recording studio in York PA ...

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=24849&stc=1&d=1178421976

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=24855&stc=1&d=1178422030

Cool. I have seen pics of 4350s (i think) at AIR studios (ie George Martins studio in 70s). And theres a pic of alan parsons with 4333s I think in his studio. Ive yet to find any info of 4343s used in the studios.

BMWCCA
09-06-2014, 04:43 PM
so a bunch of posts about how wonderful the 4343's are ....but it's pretty well accepted that the 4345 is better ?

any argument yet ?

so now then compare the 4345 with the 250Ti , as the designer of both has.

I, too, was intrigued by Greg's analysis. I have my 4345s with cc crossovers, bi-amped and now I have an original-in-box pair of 250Tis to try, too. Haven't done it yet simply out of lack of space to do the 250s justice but my take from fooling with them at one of our East Coast Lansing Heritage meets is that they'll require lots more power to do what the 4345s do with just two small Crown PS400 and PS200 amps. So I have a Crown Studio Reference-II that should let them sing. I'm looking forward to the opportunity, but then I'm looking forward to having spare time, a larger house, and quitting my job, too, none of which is likely to happen anytime real soon!

jblnut
09-06-2014, 06:05 PM
you had me at "original in box 250Ti"....do telll !

:-)

jblnut

BMWCCA
09-06-2014, 07:19 PM
you had me at "original in box 250Ti"....do telll !

:-)

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?35814-250Ti-s-in-Northern-Virginia

Goldjazz
09-06-2014, 11:13 PM

So this is apparently a pic from Tangerine Dream's Berlin Studio circa 1982, looks like some 4343s up the back?

Goldjazz
09-06-2014, 11:27 PM
..another studio were 4343s were used was Spaceward studios, where artists such as Gary Numan, The Stranglers and Iron Maiden were recorded.

DavidF
09-09-2014, 06:07 PM
So this is apparently a pic from Tangerine Dream's Berlin Studio circa 1982, looks like some 4343s up the back?

Appears to be a film sound track setup. Lots of keyboards thrown about the room. Still, it appears to be a substantial equipment investment altogether. Note the Pride of Cupertino- the early Apple computer.

Goldjazz
09-09-2014, 10:23 PM
Appears to be a film sound track setup. Lots of keyboards thrown about the room. Still, it appears to be a substantial equipment investment altogether. Note the Pride of Cupertino- the early Apple computer.

Yep well TD sure did a lot of film soundtracks. Apparently even Risky Business in '83...perhaps this setup was used.

SEAWOLF97
09-11-2014, 08:22 AM
I, too, was intrigued by Greg's analysis. I have my 4345s with cc crossovers, bi-amped and now I have an original-in-box pair of 250Tis to try, too. Haven't done it yet simply out of lack of space to do the 250s justice but my take from fooling with them at one of our East Coast Lansing Heritage meets is that they'll require lots more power to do what the 4345s do with just two small Crown PS400 and PS200 amps. So I have a Crown Studio Reference-II that should let them sing. I'm looking forward to the opportunity, but then I'm looking forward to having spare time, a larger house, and quitting my job, too, none of which is likely to happen anytime real soon!

I have run them on a 85wpc Denon receiver ... sounded vnice, not their best tho.
ran them on a 200wpc Adcom GFA-555 ...even better, more solid bass
currently run them with a BGW 750D of 375wpc ... that's the end, don't think they can get better

martin2395
09-11-2014, 09:28 AM
With two bridged K2's, who knows ;)

I think that they can do 20-30% better than the BGW with an amp like a big Pass.

SEAWOLF97
09-11-2014, 10:02 AM
I think that they can do 20-30% better than the BGW with an amp like a big Pass.

Wow, talk about pulling numbers out of your a$$ :blink: Do you have any experience or just a WAG ?

I'd love to have a big Pass amp , but I'm out of the building phase. A forum member who heard
the 250's asked if it was a big Bryston pushing them.