PDA

View Full Version : JBL's 4333 4345 4350 4355 Question

brando090
08-07-2014, 10:44 PM
I currently have the most sexy JBL's ever... L100s and a newer pair of LSR4328P's, and I'm looking to beat my 4328's. When I get some cash, how do the 4333as, 4345, 4350's, and 4355's compare to the L100s and does the sound beat the 4328's sound? Very neutral, truthful, and just perfect studio monitors...

PS: I know this is a tall order, but please try to help me, also this was copied from AudioKarma

Also I would like the opportunity to possibly try out a pair of 4333as, 4345, 4350's, or 4355's before I buy a pair in the years to follow. I'm in Michigan, so please let me know if this would be possible.

hjames
08-08-2014, 02:40 AM
I currently have the most sexy JBL's ever... L100s and a newer pair of LSR4328P's,
and I'm looking to beat my 4328's. When I get some cash, how do the 4333as, 4345, 4350's, and 4355's
compare to the L100s and does the sound beat the 4328's sound? Very neutral, truthful, and just perfect studio monitors...

PS: I know this is a tall order, but please try to help me, also this was copied from AudioKarma

Also I would like the opportunity to possibly try out a pair of 4333as, 4345, 4350's, or 4355's
before I buy a pair in the years to follow. I'm in Michigan, so please let me know if this would be possible.

Best bet for you is try and find someone with a pair of the larger JBLs you can go listen to ...

What kind of budget do you have for buying one of the larger systems?
Also, as folks here will say, it doesn't end with the speakers.

Get one of the larger better speakers and you're going to wind up
wanting better electronics to match - better amps, better sources,
and so on and so on and scooby doobie doo ...

brando090
08-08-2014, 10:15 PM
Best bet for you is try and find someone with a pair of the larger JBLs you can go listen to ...

What kind of budget do you have for buying one of the larger systems?
Also, as folks here will say, it doesn't end with the speakers.

Get one of the larger better speakers and you're going to wind up
wanting better electronics to match - better amps, better sources,
and so on and so on and scooby doobie doo ...

Well, this is going to be in the foreseeable future. 5-7 years from now, and in the $5-6ish maybe $7k on JBL 4355's or along those lines. As for amps, probably Marantz tube mono blocks or McIntosh, or would it be possible for duel receivers, such as Pioneer SX-1280 or Sansui G33000? That would be better :D A good CD player, DAC, etc etc...

hjames
08-09-2014, 03:47 PM
Well, this is going to be in the foreseeable future. 5-7 years from now, and in the $5-6ish maybe $7k on JBL 4355's or along those lines. As for amps, probably Marantz tube mono blocks or McIntosh,
or would it be possible for duel receivers, such as Pioneer SX-1280 or Sansui G33000?
That would be better :D A good CD player, DAC, etc etc...

I don't think a pair of Pioneer or samsui receivers is quite in order -
you may want a solid and clean 200+ w/ch - probably some high end monoblocks ...
If tubes, perhaps something like the VTL or Manley amps ...
tho they can be a bit pricey ...

brando090
08-09-2014, 09:56 PM
I don't think a pair of Pioneer or samsui receivers is quite in order -
you may want a solid and clean 200+ w/ch - probably some high end monoblocks ...
If tubes, perhaps something like the VTL or Manley amps ...
tho they can be a bit pricey ...

I understand that that they may not work, but is there at all to make it possible??? Without ruining them... I dont want to transfer them into mono blocks if you know what I mean. And the Manleys are possible, they make some nice equipment. What about McIntosh MC207's? And I would need just one? Also why does McIntosh make 1,200 watt per channel mono blocks, wouldn't that be too much power?

57BELAIRE
08-10-2014, 04:38 AM
I understand that that they may not work, but is there at all to make it possible??? Without ruining them... I dont want to transfer them into mono blocks if you know what I mean. And the Manleys are possible, they make some nice equipment. What about McIntosh MC207's? And I would need just one? Also why does McIntosh make 1,200 watt per channel mono blocks, wouldn't that be too much power?

there's no such thing as "too much power". :bouncy:

BMWCCA
08-10-2014, 05:28 AM
there's no such thing as "too much power". :bouncy:
There is such a thing as "overkill" though. :)

I run my 4345s with Crown PS-400 and PS-200, bi-amped. At 190-WPC and 100-WPC they work great! I have a Crown Studio Reference II with more power (355-WPC) but haven't felt the need to use it. I'm saving it for the less-efficient 250tis.

hjames
08-10-2014, 06:03 AM
I understand that that they may not work, but is there at all to make it possible???
Without ruining them... I dont want to transfer them into mono blocks if you know what I mean.
And the Manleys are possible, they make some nice equipment. What about McIntosh MC207's?
And I would need just one?

First, you need to decide which system will serve your needs - they are very different.
You need to go audition them (Frankly few are likely to 'loan you" a big system like that to demo at your place -
except perhaps a dealer who somehow comes across one and wants a heft deposit to do so).

Second - what do you mean by "transfer them into monoblock"?
The solution is you sell off your cheap gear and get better gear ...

Trust me - I tried running big JBLs with cheap stuff and it just doesn't play well -
you hear every bit of noise in that electronics and the speakers do not play to their real potential.

Bite the bullet, and plan to move upstream ...

OR

if you really favor the Pioneers and Sansui gear -
get speakers that better match that gear instead of planning on big JBL monitors and such ...

brando090
08-10-2014, 08:37 AM
First, you need to decide which system will serve your needs - they are very different.
You need to go audition them (Frankly few are likely to 'loan you" a big system like that to demo at your place -
except perhaps a dealer who somehow comes across one and wants a heft deposit to do so).

Second - what do you mean by "transfer them into monoblock"?
The solution is you sell off your cheap gear and get better gear ...

Trust me - I tried running big JBLs with cheap stuff and it just doesn't play well -
you hear every bit of noise in that electronics and the speakers do not play to their real potential.

Bite the bullet, and plan to move upstream ...

OR

if you really favor the Pioneers and Sansui gear -
get speakers that better match that gear instead of planning on big JBL monitors and such ...

I dont have the space currently to test out the JBL's, I was planning on visiting a members home and listening to their JBL's in the space in which they feel they sound best. I knew there wasn't really much of a way to use the receivers in mono for the JBL's, and I wouldn't want to ruin the value by turning them into mono blocks. Also I do plan on spending hopefully less than $10k on the system with the speakers and amp's, etc.

martin_wu99
08-11-2014, 12:33 AM
I currently have the most sexy JBL's ever... L100s and a newer pair of LSR4328P's, and I'm looking to beat my 4328's. When I get some cash, how do the 4333as, 4345, 4350's, and 4355's compare to the L100s and does the sound beat the 4328's sound? Very neutral, truthful, and just perfect studio monitors...

Also I would like the opportunity to possibly try out a pair of 4333as, 4345, 4350's, or 4355's before I buy a pair in the years to follow. I'm in Michigan, so please let me know if this would be possible.

You mentioned these speakers are real JBL heritages,they are old school style,in my point,L100S and 4328 are piece of cake comparing with them.
JBL Horns and 15'' are JBL state of art and JBL's essence