PDA

View Full Version : JBL Apollo C51 Speakers

billiam62
07-27-2014, 03:41 PM
I was at a Deseret Industries (like a thrift store) Thursday in Burley, ID. They had some of these sitting there. They needed work but I know they are worth something for someone who can fix them up. I had no room in the vehicle (it broke my heart to leave them there) as I am from Phoenix and was visiting some relatives on the way home from picking up the daughter from school. Not sure if they were asking 20 each or 20 for the pair. None the less, I do not know anything else about them. If they are still there, this would be a great find for someone. Good luck!

Wagner
08-27-2014, 02:38 PM
I was at a Deseret Industries (like a thrift store) Thursday in Burley, ID. They had some of these sitting there. They needed work but I know they are worth something for someone who can fix them up. I had no room in the vehicle (it broke my heart to leave them there) as I am from Phoenix and was visiting some relatives on the way home from picking up the daughter from school. Not sure if they were asking 20 each or 20 for the pair. None the less, I do not know anything else about them. If they are still there, this would be a great find for someone. Good luck!

That's a SHAME. Thanks to ADRENALINE I was able to cram my first pair of Apollos into the back and front seat of a 1991 Nissan Stanza...........where there's a will there's a way I guess. When I look at that old car today (still have it) I am mystified as to how in the hell I managed to cram those cabs in it and better yet, without a scratch.

I was so freaked out when I came upon them and the guy told me the price, almost apologetically, I was convinced and pumped I had to remove them from the store that instant before another lurking scooper grabbed them out from under me. The drivers were so poorly installed, the thrift store employee thought they were home made.

I paid $30 for the pair. They were Hal Cox knock off boxes but the loads were "001"s so I made out very well.

Not trying to make you feel worse, but I really wish you had found a way.

Sorry, sincerely, (I HATE hearing stories like this, about the one(s) that got away :()

I've had a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG dry spell as far as thrifty treasure scores go lately. Things were going gangbusters before the '08 collapse. Now everything is "vintage, collectible and rare" whether it is or not

Oh yeah, "and in great shape for it's age" including all those rare and collectible Llyod's and Sound Designs.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-LLOYDS-STEREO-TURNTABLE-RECORD-PLYR-8-TRACK-MULTIPLEX-RECEIVER-SPEAKERS-NR-/191301956150?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item2c8a7c3236

Maybe it'll come back to you some other way!

It always seems to balance out.

I'm sending good vibes your way :)

SEAWOLF97
08-27-2014, 03:24 PM
Now everything is "vintage, collectible and rare" whether it is or not

And EVERY speaker that says "JBL" on it , is now a "Studio Monitor" , even the little plastic ones. :(

martin_wu99
08-28-2014, 01:03 AM
And EVERY speaker that says "JBL" on it , is now a "Studio Monitor" , even the little plastic ones. :(
Yes,so many "studio monitor" around,which is the real one?:crying:

hjames
08-28-2014, 02:37 AM
Yes,so many "studio monitor" around,which is the real one?:crying:

If its not Blue in the face, its not! :)

If the cabs are grey they are still ok http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Revised by martin2395 - thanks for the reminder - I forgot the Industrial finish!
I 'spose I better update this BMWCCA's 4345 speakers

"If the Cabinets are black, there is nothing that they lack ..."

and for Seawolf ...

"If the cabinets are Teak, with authority they will speak ..."

Dang, now I sound like Yoda!

(Can you tell we watched the Star Wars "Despecialized" trilogy last weekend!
Its the first time I've watched the films since they were new ... and never back to back before)

martin2395
08-28-2014, 05:03 AM
If its not Blue in the face, its not! :)

Hey, that's not true! If the cabs are grey they are still ok :D

SEAWOLF97
08-28-2014, 08:26 AM
"If the Cabinets are black, there is nothing that they lack ..."

and for Seawolf ...

"If the cabinets are Teak, with authority they will speak ..."

If the cab is black, it gets the sack ...:eek:
If the cab is wood, that's very good.
If the cab is teak, SW will seek
If the cab is walnut, I can't rhyme with all thut.

martin_wu99
08-29-2014, 05:13 AM
If the cab is black, it gets the sack ...:eek:
If the cab is wood, that's very good.
If the cab is teak, SW will seek
If the cab is walnut, I can't rhyme with all thut.
Wow,SW is a poet,but if the cab is blue,what is it?:applaud:

SEAWOLF97
08-29-2014, 06:11 AM
Wow,SW is a poet,but if the cab is blue,what is it?:applaud:

not mine,yet.