PDA

View Full Version : Price increase notice

bigyank
07-03-2014, 10:51 AM
A company I deal with on the East Coast just let me know when I inquired about some recone kit availability that as of 7/1/14, JBL has increased their pricing. In my case, from spring of last year the same kit that cost 99.00 is now 200.00

Wow, now that is one true way to force me out of vintage JBL. :(

Anyone else have the same experience recently?

hjames
07-03-2014, 11:29 AM
A company I deal with on the East Coast just let me know when I inquired about some recone kit availability that as of 7/1/14, JBL has increased their pricing. In my case, from spring of last year the same kit that cost 99.00 is now 200.00

Wow, now that is one true way to force me out of vintage JBL. :(

Anyone else have the same experience recently?

But, but ... Harmin' Stock is doing REALLY WELL!

bigyank
07-03-2014, 11:34 AM
But, but ... Harmin' Stock is doing REALLY WELL!

Nice one Heather! Really sad to see though but I guess I understand it. You want to kill the vintage JBL gear, this is how you do it (pricing). Some people will still be able to justify spending the $$$ so for Harman it is a win either way. Now is they would finally release the JBL 4428's and such here in the US......

Bottom line I am now shopping for brand new speakers for my living room, had enough I think. :(

spkrman57
07-03-2014, 03:47 PM
Most of us older folks are happy to have experienced vintage JBL.

Ron

bigyank
07-03-2014, 04:02 PM
Most of us older folks are happy to have experienced vintage JBL.

Ron

Ain't no spring chicken myself. :D One has to wonder if another Great Plains Audio business would be allowed to spring up. Seems that there is such a demand for vintage JBL product that one would/should look into it. Oh well. Hope to get my one 104H working again.

hjames
07-03-2014, 09:41 PM
Nice one Heather! Really sad to see though but I guess I understand it. You want to kill the vintage JBL gear, this is how you do it (pricing). Some people will still be able to justify spending the $$$ so for Harman it is a win either way. Now is they would finally release the JBL 4428's and such here in the US......

Bottom line I am now shopping for brand new speakers for my living room, had enough I think. :(

yeah, I kid - but it IS sad t see them walk away from the vintage market - its one reason I sold off the 4341s last year -
I knew there were a lot of folks supporting the older gear - but I could see the company was pushing folks out,
and ending a lot of the gear we loved ...

Just a shame and a tragedy ...

opimax
07-04-2014, 05:42 AM
This makes the vintage gear more expensive to own but if you are sitting on a bunch of gear or spare parts you just got a few more pennies on your piggy bank!

Mr. Widget
07-04-2014, 06:55 AM
A company I deal with on the East Coast just let me know when I inquired about some recone kit availability that as of 7/1/14, JBL has increased their pricing...Another way to look at it is that we have been lucky that they have supported so many legacy products for so long. For a $4B publicly traded company where profits are their sole motivation... I imagine this generosity has been an oversight that will be "corrected".

If they could charge enough to make it worthwhile the kits would likely remain available, but the rumors are that soon OEM JBL kits will be NOS only and then NLA.

Widget

Maron Horonzakz
07-04-2014, 06:55 AM
It makes a jug of whisky a damn site cheaper...