PDA

View Full Version : Anyone using a 2451 in a two way?

moray james
06-20-2014, 05:10 PM
I am wondering how the 2451 fairs in a two way design? I have a set of EV DH1A right now with the snout removed the exit is 1.4" in dia. The larger diaphragm of the 2451 is attractive from a crossover point of view and the fact that one day I could have Be diaphragms is a very big plus. Any comments would be welcome. Best regards Moray James.

Lee in Montreal
06-26-2014, 05:31 AM
Hi Moray

What horns will you be using? I run a two system and love it. JBL 2226 up to 500Hz and JBL 2241 on a JBL 2360 horn from 500Hz and up. Basically, it is not so much the comression driver, but the horn that makes it possible, or not.

Lee

moray james
06-27-2014, 09:14 PM
right now I am using a Karlson K-Tube made from a simple wrap of paper. The tube is about 6" long and the slot runs almost the entire length and it is a double cutaway design which looks a lot like a bishops cap so I have a twist tie wire as a ring to hold the paper in shape. I am using a Klipsch CF3 crossover and it sounds very good. I figured a Be diaphragm would sound better but I have to say I do like the DH1A a lot. Comments would be welcome. I have a set of 2226 here and a set of four Klipsch KLF20 Woofers which I like a lot. Best regards Moray James.