PDA

View Full Version : Horace Silver

Ducatista47
06-18-2014, 09:01 PM
...has passed away. Under the radar of much of the Jazz audience, he has. hovered near the top of the collective concience of musicians for fifty years. His compositions are played as much as anyone's at live gigs that I have attended.

laurie
07-30-2014, 03:21 AM
...has passed away. Under the radar of much of the Jazz audience, he has. hovered near the top of the collective concience of musicians for fifty years. His compositions are played as much as anyone's at live gigs that I have attended.

I was (am) a big Horace Silver fan, I read his autobiography earlier this year. His passing got good coverage over here in England, all of the main newspapers did an excellent obituary and BBC radio 4 ran a couple of tribute shows. I have been playing a lot of his later albums from 1990s which were as good as his stuff from the 1950s and 1960s.

laurie
07-30-2014, 03:53 AM
I should also say I am playing a lot of Horace Silver from many of his albums; Funky Bunky from 1993, Presciption for the Blues, Hardbob Grandpop, United States of Mind, Silver n Brass and his 60s classics.

http://www.jazzlondonradio.com/

BMWCCA
07-30-2014, 07:44 PM
Bought the re-mastered Blowing the Blues Away in his honor last week when I heard of his passing.