PDA

View Full Version : Can someone give me some info on this? JBL N1200?? C34??

zakkxx
06-08-2014, 03:30 AM
Someone was throwing this away so I quickly snatched it up. He said it works, but I cant confirm that. I have absolutely no use for it and will be most likely selling it. Can someone point me in the best direction? Do I sell it as a whole, or part it out?? I apologize if this is posted in the wrong section..

BMWCCA
06-08-2014, 07:13 AM
Don't part it out.

The crossover won't bring a lot, the 175DLH mid-HF driver and horn is worth several hundred, and a 130A woofer is likely to bring the same. Pairs are worth much more than twice a singleton.

But you have an original JBL 001 system in a vintage C34 enclosure. Personally I think you should pass this to someone who will appreciate it and maybe even have a mate to complete a stereo pair, but if maximizing your gain is the goal, do your own research, take your chances on Ebay, and be prepared to pack it properly for shipping to Japan. Local sale is easier but will bring much less, though you're in a densely populated area with millions of prospective customers within a couple of hours.

I feel sorry for whoever decided to throw it out. Probably once the pride of the original owner and now detritus in the hands of subsequent generations with Bose surround-sound systems from Costco in their living rooms. The original owner is probably rolling over in his grave thinking he should have raised his kids better!

Find it a good home. Give it to someone with a small compensation. You'll feel better and another piece of JBL history will remain in the USA. My home for wayward JBLs would be a good prospect for you!
:applaud:

zakkxx
06-09-2014, 03:37 AM
Thanks for you reply. I suppose I will give Ebay a try. Even though I "acquired" it for nothing, it would be nice to make a couple bucks. No way will I ship it to Japan, and I'm not real crazy about shipping it anywhere. I shipped items of this size/value before, and its always a hassle. Again, thank you for your help, and if the Ebay thing doesn't work out, Ill come back here and entertain offers

oldsoundz
06-09-2014, 06:53 AM
Thank you for sparing it from the landfill. I agree with BMWCCA.

zakkxx
06-09-2014, 02:05 PM
Thanks again. Its up on Ebay now, so we'll give it a week and see what happens.

BMWCCA
06-09-2014, 06:53 PM
Thanks again. Its up on Ebay now, so we'll give it a week and see what happens.
Nothing wrong with posting a link in this thread, as far as I know! :dont-know:

zakkxx
06-10-2014, 03:11 AM
Here ya go. We'll see what happens. Again, Im not trying to make a fortune on this, and Id much rather see it go to someone here. I think my starting price is WELL below what its worth. Admittedly, I put a higher reserve to sort of see what it could bring. Still, I think my reserve is below what others have gone for.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131211696984?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649 (http://www.ebay.com/itm/131211696984?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649)