PDA

View Full Version : 116H surround source

BeDome
05-29-2014, 12:01 AM
I have only just recently (not quite yet a year ago) re-done my OWN 116Hs and they still sound great. I could not find an original kit online, recently. At the time when I was looking to re-do mine, I bought originals from a person who seems to have closed up shop.

I now have a friend with the same dilemna. Some ratty woofers living in a pair of (otherwise) perfectly wonderful 4301bs

But, when I do a search I am bombarded with (F--- it just do it and forget about it) type of websites. It is like these places just tempt you to put anything in anything and it will sound fine and you will be happy. We all know this is NOT the case. There is nothing but reserve I feel when I visit these pages.

When I bought mine a few years back they were the genuine JBL product (actually came in boxes marked with a Northridge address), but I can not seem to find the same thing for my buddy who has the same problem (new to him, but needing some service) with lovely speakers in need of some TLC.

I do not see anything trustworthy in a google search on the first couple of pages.

Can someone direct me to TeH Place to buy foam surrounds for our beloved 4301s? I need to re-foam two 116H drivers with a proper foam surround product.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

(sorry if I sound defeatist, but I can only google for SO many hours before my head explodes)

grumpy
05-29-2014, 06:48 AM
I would suggest/endorse Rick Cobb as a source for surrounds ... [email protected]

I am not aware of JBL ever selling surrounds without them being attached to a recone kit
C8R116A (which has not been available for quite some time, AFAIK).

soundboy
06-06-2014, 09:22 PM
Yes, he is THE guy. There are differences in foam available.

I have used several from him, including the 116H...and they work, and sound great.
EXACTLY as the originals in size.