PDA

View Full Version : JBL Control 5 Plus Tweeter Issue

dentcorn
04-11-2014, 08:59 PM
Dear Fellow JBL enthusiasts,
Can anybody tell me if the tweeter in the Control 5 Plus is the same one as in the regular Control 5? (The "Plus" has a white 8" cone woofer and was more popular in Europe it seems. It is also is somewhat rare)
I won a pair on Ebay this week and now the seller says that one of the tweeters ended up missing, asking me about replacement diaphragms, etc. I won them at a fairly low price, so I think he is coming up with reasons to cancel the sale. I smell a rat.
Anyways, I have fixed a few Control 5 HF sections - it is useally a broken connection or the bulb they use for the speaker protection circuit is shot. So it doesn't take much to fix them.
From the pix I have viewed the tweeters seem to be the same unit.
Thanks in advance for you kind help.
God bless,
dentcorn

Ed Zeppeli
04-12-2014, 06:50 AM
Dear Fellow JBL enthusiasts,
Can anybody tell me if the tweeter in the Control 5 Plus is the same one as in the regular Control 5? (The "Plus" has a white 8" cone woofer and was more popular in Europe it seems. It is also is somewhat rare)
I won a pair on Ebay this week and now the seller says that one of the tweeters ended up missing, asking me about replacement diaphragms, etc. I won them at a fairly low price, so I think he is coming up with reasons to cancel the sale. I smell a rat.
Anyways, I have fixed a few Control 5 HF sections - it is useally a broken connection or the bulb they use for the speaker protection circuit is shot. So it doesn't take much to fix them.
From the pix I have viewed the tweeters seem to be the same unit.
Thanks in advance for you kind help.
God bless,
dentcorn

I know that the Control 1 Plus is differentiated from the regular Control 1 by slightly higher power handling and a titanium coated tweeter. Perhaps yours are similar?