PDA

View Full Version : New Studio 580 & 560P Cherry!!

JuniorJBL
04-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Just picked up a pair of these with the sub and they are quite amazing. I have yet to hook up the sub but these little 6 1/2" drivers are pretty, well, Fantastic!! :D

I will get some picks in a bit after I do some more listening and post my listening experience. I just wanted to post about them because I have not yet seen anybody else post about them.

Stay tuned!! :)

Greg86z28
04-03-2014, 02:13 PM
Man I gotta come over. I've just been so damn busy trying to finish our house as fast as a can. Soon I will be done (2 weeks or so). Maybe I can bring some money over too and go broke at Junior's JBL supply. :applaud:

What compression driver do they use in this?

JuniorJBL
04-03-2014, 04:34 PM
Pics first!

JuniorJBL
04-03-2014, 05:37 PM
First the front end gear:
Mark Levinson 380S Preamp
Mark Levinson 333 Amp
Mark Levinson 36S DAC
Wyred 4 Sound Mod’d Sonos Connect

OK so when I set them up and first listened to them my first impression was the MF/HF was a bit hot for my liking but the bass and low mid was really nice, so I put a bit of cut (-1 to -2 DB) on the horn from about 1k through 6k. At this point I have not hooked up the subwoofer for reference.

After that I sat down and put on Dave Grusin Migration and was WOW’d by how much they imaged like my arrays!! At this point I was hooked on the dynamics this little speaker could provide. By no means does this speaker sound small, they are just not as big physically as my arrays which you can see behind the 580’s.
They have that 2-way horn sound that we have all come to love from our JBL’s.

Now granted these do not sound like my arrays in the way that the larger compression drivers (476Mg’s) in the 6-700hz and up range sound, but that is why you step up in the first place, right? :D

Next up I put on some electronic music (Dzihan & Kamien Lost & Found and Gran Riserva) and went for the low end test! I was really blown away that 2 little 6’s could do all this!! I was just dumb founded!! Ha!! I think to myself “well it is a JBL” Remember I have yet to plug in the sub at this point either!
Next up was Dave Grusin’s “West Side Story” and Ray Brown’s “All my best friends are Trumpet players”. Horns, piano, drums all of it was so well placed in the soundstage I was kind of speechless. Right where you would think it was supposed to be. Just plain amazing!!

I then hooked up the sub and was again floored with how this sub sounded, while it is not an Array 1500 it is better than most of those $5-800 subs on Amazon that claim to be best. This is JMO of course.

I proceeded to listen to lots more music and have come to the conclusion that for the money you, IMHO you would have a hard time finding a speaker that has the soundstage and imaging that these have for the money.

They are really good looking Too!! IMO

Mctwins
04-03-2014, 09:04 PM
Man I gotta come over. I've just been so damn busy trying to finish our house as fast as a can. Soon I will be done (2 weeks or so). Maybe I can bring some money over too and go broke at Junior's JBL supply. :applaud:

What compression driver do they use in this?

Hallo!

If my memory is correct I think it is the same as in my PRX635 High freq transducer 2414H-1. I read it somewhere, don't remember know. i could be wrong, thou.

JuniorJBL
04-04-2014, 07:46 AM
Man I gotta come over. I've just been so damn busy trying to finish our house as fast as a can. Soon I will be done (2 weeks or so). Maybe I can bring some money over too and go broke at Junior's JBL supply. :applaud:What compression driver do they use in this?You are welcome anytime!!:)
You could always come by at lunchtime!!

Hallo!If my memory is correct I think it is the same as in my PRX635 High freq transducer 2414H-1. I read it somewhere, don't remember know. i could be wrong, thou.Thanks for the info Mc!!:D

Mctwins
04-04-2014, 09:21 AM
Like the blue towels:)