PDA

View Full Version : Classic Audio Loudspeakers

caladois
02-17-2014, 06:43 AM
This John Wolf company , installed in Brighton (Michigan) is known for its HARTSFIELD replicas and much more products. I found an interest for Classic Audio Loudspeakers due to their speakers catalog and for their 15inch name 160-4c. On papers, it could be designed like the famous and rare JBL 150-4c. The pics available on the web, remind me more a JBL K145 (frame and cone). Has anyone any experience with these speakers. It appears to be unknown here in Europe. They are looking very nice and the construction serious. Aren't they ! I am considering these speakers to compare with my E145.

Mr. Widget
02-17-2014, 09:30 AM
Interesting...

I don't know anything about their new crop of components. It looks like their focus is on field coil drivers. I wonder if Steve Schell is familiar with what they've been up to?

As for the 160-4C, they do outwardly look like a copy of the JBLs, but I wonder why they chose an oversized dust cap?

Widget

caladois
02-17-2014, 10:55 AM
It remind me the GPA products.

As, I am thinking of purchasing a pair, I am a bit surprise by the few report on the web.

DavidF
02-17-2014, 12:45 PM
No indicative pricing so I guess be prepared for the "gulp" factor when speaking with these folks. They go for vintage all the way, even using "cps" instead of Hz. One typo jumped out at me under component/horns where they reference "traxtrix" instead of tractix.

caladois
08-28-2015, 01:53 PM
Any report... Classic audio report was at the last Munich High End Show.
A pair of 160-4c cost 1950 $

NickH
08-28-2015, 06:41 PM
I remember reading somewhere that there drivers where made from tad parts. But that cone doesn't look tad to me. But I'm no expert.
I'd love to try out there super tweeters but I bet there priced in the stratosphere.

Nick