PDA

View Full Version : Could a DBX Driverack be used in the home.

gferrell
02-15-2014, 04:28 PM
These things seem to do everything, crossover, EQ, delays and all. It even has an auto eq with a microphone. Could this be used to make your home system sound better? I don't understand all the pro stuff but I saw on another forum someone suggested using these instead of a crossover for their bi-amped speakers.

1audiohack
02-15-2014, 05:46 PM
Absolutely yes.

Without knowing what all you want it to do I suggest you look carefully at the differences between the DriverackPA and the Driverack260. The 260 is far more capable and well worth the added expense in my book. You may not need the additional functions however.

Barry.

gferrell
02-15-2014, 08:50 PM
I'm not sure I understand the differences.

audiomagnate
02-17-2014, 06:42 PM
Absolutely good for home use. Also check out the Behringer DCX2496. I'm a quad-amper!

Mctwins
02-17-2014, 07:55 PM
Hallo!

I have both PA+ and dbx260 and both of them works perfectly in my home. 260 have more and better feature than PA+ and it depends what you want to do with it, of course. For bi-amping both works well like setting x-overs. 260 have better limiters. Can be choosen either in PEQ or GEQ on input stage and have more settings in the PEQ on the output.

About Auto EQ, I don't use it because I have acoustical treated room.

Go for dbx260:applaud:or maybe the new PA2.

Lee in Montreal
02-18-2014, 07:50 AM
The OP hasn't yet mention what his system consisted of. I think it is a bit premature to advise using a digital crossover. What if he's using a single amp? Or uses those little JBL desktop speakers? I think the OP shall expand a bit more before we can advise him? Some simple digital equalizers have the function of auto-eq if it's all he needs. But at the same time, a cheap mike and REW shareware will give him a reading of his system, which he can alter with a $20 used eq... :D

JuniorJBL
02-18-2014, 08:26 AM
I use the PX for subwoofers in the theater and I will be using a 260 for a new project in the 2 channel room.

gferrell
02-18-2014, 05:47 PM
My room is not treated and it has windows just behind and 28ft in front of the speakers. I was thinking about bi-amping a pair of XPL 200's. I could build a dx-1 but it would not help the room. I could only get away with limited room treatments. Just trying to figure out the most bang for the buck option. Plus it would be fun to play with. You know this is a hobby.