PDA

View Full Version : Need crossovers for 4313B rebuilt. Who's The Pro on LH?

Audiobeer
02-08-2014, 02:23 PM
Redoing the last pair to keep and was hoping someone can redo my crossovers as well as clean the Pots. Any Pro's here up for that?

Audiobeer
02-10-2014, 09:07 PM
For some reason I can' edit the above post. I wanted to do a complete restoration of these. Is there anybody that you can recommend that is able to Update the crossovers in these. I want to restore these to their original glory.

martin_wu99
02-11-2014, 07:24 AM
Redoing the last pair to keep and was hoping someone can redo my crossovers as well as clean the Pots. Any Pro's here up for that?
I think a man called 4313B here on LH,he is a JBL expert,he may help you.

hjames
02-11-2014, 07:27 AM
I think a man called 4313B here on LH,he is a JBL expert,he may help you.

Check his user logs - he no longer seems to be a member here ...

Probably not a good idea to recommend someone else with out checking with them first -
let them recommend themselves, ok?

(does NLA mean No Longer Available?)

About 4313B

Interests: None

Statistics

Total Posts

Total Posts 14,286
Posts Per Day 3.61

General Information

Join Date 04-18-2003

DavidF
02-11-2014, 02:28 PM

Probably not a good idea to recommend someone else with out checking with them first -

About 4313B

Statistics

Total Posts

Total Posts 14,286
Posts Per Day 3.61

General Information

Join Date 04-18-2003

Hmmm??:confused:

macaroonie
02-11-2014, 05:55 PM
Well 4313b's contributions have been worth their weight in our kind of gold.
I wasn't aware that he had stopped posting. I sincerely hope nothing untoward has befallen him and would like to thank him for all the help and info that he has provided. He helped me out no end on several occasions directly and indirectly.

M

macaroonie
02-11-2014, 05:58 PM
Beer , you got some amount of work to do on them boxes. Slave to the cause :crying:

hjames
02-11-2014, 07:40 PM
Didn't mean to bring anyone down here - I just realized a while back that he hadn't posted anything for quite a while,
and I wasn't sure if he was in stealth mode, was offline or had just left the site ...

Hopefully he's just spending more time with family than us

jbljfan
02-11-2014, 09:31 PM
Hopefully he's just spending more time with family than us

99% sure it was a planned exit for the reason quoted.

Audiobeer
02-12-2014, 12:47 PM
He is the main reason I came to these boards because of his knowledge!! He was one hell of a giving person when it came to that!

As for as the these speakers go.......in a month or so they will look like Day one. I have some woofers that Giskard (AKA 4313B) had sold to another member then sold to me. I have some nice looking tweeters but a cap is pushed in so a kit is on it's way. The veneer has been ordered for the cabinets and the midranges are in hand. Just need the crossovers done. They probably don't need anything but these are my "End Game" Speakers and I don't want to go back into the boxes in a few years from now to redo the crossovers.

martin_wu99
02-13-2014, 01:28 AM

About 4313B

Statistics

Total Posts

Total Posts 14,286
Posts Per Day 3.61

General Information

Join Date 04-18-2003
Really?why?the forum is belong to everybody,why so fragile when got hurted?
He has done a lot for the forum and members

hjames
02-13-2014, 07:55 AM
Really?why?
the forum is belong to everybody,why so fragile when got hurted?
He has done a lot for the forum and members

Who said he got hurt?
What ARE you talking about??

I swear - I have NO IDEA what you talk about sometimes ...

We all owe him a big thank you, that is for sure!

bill8888
02-13-2014, 10:07 AM
I have some woofers that Giskard (AKA 4313B) had sold

So "Giskard" is "4313B", which means he was "Robert G". Those of us from ten years ago remember Robert G, and it wasn't very pleasant. He ultimately deleted all his postings.

SEAWOLF97
02-13-2014, 10:34 AM
So "Giskard" is "4313B", which means he was "Robert G". Those of us from ten years ago remember Robert G, and it wasn't very pleasant. He ultimately deleted all his postings.

Wasn't LANCER in there too ???

How can you delete old postings ? I could spend a lot of time doing that. ;)

BMWCCA
02-13-2014, 12:27 PM
I have some woofers that Giskard (AKA 4313B) had sold

There's little point in dredging up stories from the past when so much is skewed by the version one side tells about the other with many of the threads cleansed or deleted completely. This group's history is peppered with remnants of those who contributed so much over so many years and then left (or got run off) for whatever reason. I appreciate their contributions and their legacies since without them I'd never be where I am with my system and my enjoyment of recorded music.

I only hope that 4313B is taking some personal time off that has nothing to do with treatment from others on this list. And that we'll benefit from his continued contributions again soon and for a long time moving forward.

Thanks! :applaud:

martin_wu99
02-14-2014, 12:37 AM
Who said he got hurt?
What ARE you talking about??

I swear - I have NO IDEA what you talk about sometimes ...

We all owe him a big thank you, that is for sure!
I also don't understand why are you saying so?:blink:
It is obviously he feel unhappy and upset on this forum,otherwise he do not need to delete his ID on this forum.:crying:
We come here all over the world just for sharing,studying,enjoying,don't we?
Any way,wish him happy

hjames
02-14-2014, 04:30 AM
I also don't understand why are you saying so?:blink:
It is obviously he feel unhappy and upset on this forum,otherwise he do not need to delete his ID on this forum.:crying:
We come here all over the world just for sharing,studying,enjoying,don't we?
Any way,wish him happy
He did not delete his ID on the forum, he just hasn't come here for a while. Hopefully he is ok.

He had been a member here for well over 10 years - and had built all kinds of systems over they years
Really, I do believe he said he wanted to spend more time with his family (grandkids, I think) -

I think we should just let him be ...
discuss something else ...
maybe the weather!

Robh3606
02-14-2014, 10:07 AM
Hello Heather

He's fine just taking a well deserved break from the cyber time sponge.

Rob

martin_wu99
02-15-2014, 04:40 AM
Hello Heather

He's fine just taking a well deserved break from the cyber time sponge.

Rob
That' fine,hope he come back the forum more often.
we need his professional advise.

Audiobeer
02-15-2014, 08:35 PM
In my Humble Opinion He was (Hopefully Is) The Leading Technical Contributors to this board. Without a doubt.:applaud:

Mr. Widget
02-16-2014, 02:14 PM
In my Humble Opinion He was (Hopefully Is) The Leading Technical Contributors to this board. Without a doubt.:applaud:Anyone who misses that hasn't been paying attention. :D

Widget

Audiobeer
05-04-2014, 05:33 PM
You seen the befores, now comes the afters of the cabinets. I had the crossovers modified and now I'm at this point. Hell in a year I may have them done at this rate!

DavidF
05-04-2014, 08:56 PM
"...I had the crossovers modified and now I'm at this point. Hell in a year I may have them done at this rate!

:p Yeah, I know that feeling. Keep it up. Looking good.