PDA

View Full Version : JBL 60s Wire replacement

Audiobeer
01-11-2014, 11:10 PM
Went to put the New Old Stock LX5 crossovers and the drivers back in the cabinets. I have the new wires color coded from parts express. They don't sell anything smaller than the 25't rolls. Here's the problem. The holes on the LX5 are to small for the wires to pass through? Where can you get the correct replacement wires that will have the correct diameter to pass through the holes. I'm afraid I'll diminish what little value this setup has if I alter the holes by enlarging them. Is there an alternative source other than parts express?

HCSGuy
01-13-2014, 10:49 AM
You can use any in-wall speaker cable - I'm guessing even Home Depot sells a 14 gauge, 4 conductor in-wall speaker cable. strip off the outer jacket, and you are left with 4 individual, insulated conductors (Red, Green, White, Black) They will fit through the holes just fine. You can twist them into pairs (red/black, white/green) for the highs and lows. Not fancy, but it works just fine. You can also probably go to Best Buy and buy something similar from Monster Cable.