PDA

View Full Version : Question??

lpd
01-08-2014, 07:37 PM
Hey guys what are your thoughts on these? I'm purchasing these and am not sure about what drivers they are looks like ev bass drivers and jbl horns. Thoughts?

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy247/jeeping/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps049b88d5.jpg (http://s796.photobucket.com/user/jeeping/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps049b88d5.jpg.html)

Mike Caldwell
01-09-2014, 06:14 AM
The bass cabinets are a EV TL design cabinet, are they 18 or 15 inch woofers? The woofers are most likely EVM or DL series. The bottom small horns look like JBL 2370's most likely with a JBL 2425 or 2426 driver. As for the large horns I don't think there JBL, both EV and Community had / has horns that look like that. Can't really get a good look at the large horn drivers, could be JBL 2445, 46, 47 or the EV DH1a.

Do you any other pictures.

Component install systems while not the greatest thing to look at if there done right with proper components can sound really good.

lpd
01-09-2014, 12:57 PM
The bass cabinets are a EV TL design cabinet, are they 18 or 15 inch woofers? The woofers are most likely EVM or DL series. The bottom small horns look like JBL 2370's most likely with a JBL 2425 or 2426 driver. As for the large horns I don't think there JBL, both EV and Community had / has horns that look like that. Can't really get a good look at the large horn drivers, could be JBL 2445, 46, 47 or the EV DH1a.

Do you any other pictures.

Component install systems while not the greatest thing to look at if there done right with proper components can sound really good.

Sorry no other photos at this time you are right. $650 for the lot seem ok? Bass cabs are EV as are the horns. Not sure if they are 15 or 18 the drivers are JBL in the horns. Would this be useful for home applications or plain ridiculous?

grumpy
01-09-2014, 07:10 PM
What do you mean... "or" ? :D

lpd
01-09-2014, 07:14 PM
What do you mean... "or" ? :D

Hahaha. Some pa stuff I've picked up has been horrible for sound reproduction in home some has been amazing. This stuff looks very large and stark.

grumpy
01-09-2014, 07:21 PM
Indeed.

I'd be looking at the drivers more than the boxes or horns (maybe the small horns... but probably not).

Mike Caldwell
01-10-2014, 03:42 PM
The EV TL boxes would be good general purpose low end boxes but not what is considered to be a sub woofer by todays standards. The small what look like to be JBL2370 horns could be re-purposed in another system. The large horns look to be a fairly tight pattern horn, not real practical in the living room. The drivers on the large horns is the question, they could be a phenolic diaphragm mid range driver.

Is there a good platform scissors lift available to take everything down with? I would not want to take that system down using the one man genie lift.