PDA

View Full Version : My Studio

still4given
10-18-2004, 08:23 PM
Thought I'd give you guys a glimps at my crowded little home recording studio.

What I have to listen to.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/still4given/Studio/studiofullshot.jpg

Where I turn the knobs.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/still4given/Studio/equipmentracks.jpg

Power and Thump
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/still4given/Studio/ampsandB380.jpg

Some more knobs and sliders to fool with.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/still4given/Studio/Mackie.jpg

Blessings, Terry

Audiobeer
10-18-2004, 08:27 PM
What's your address Terry? :D

Audiobeer
10-18-2004, 08:28 PM
Unbelievable! :eek:

DavidF
10-18-2004, 09:19 PM
My favorite Yamahas nestled among the family of JBL. What a wonderful mid driver! All mixing in there or is there room to play?

DavidF

Mr. Widget
10-18-2004, 09:51 PM
Terry,

You definitely need more speakers. I'll see what I can do to help. ;)

Come to think of it Ken Pachkowsky is in Southern California. I think his Westlakes would fit right in there.

Widget

mikebake
10-19-2004, 06:20 AM
Cool. What do you use the Eons for?

4313B
10-19-2004, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by still4given
Thought I'd give you guys a glimps at my crowded little home recording studio.Images hosted on personal sites can be blocked by firewalls. It's probably best to upload your images to this site, which is a trusted site.

still4given
10-19-2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by DavidF
My favorite Yamahas nestled among the family of JBL. What a wonderful mid driver! All mixing in there or is there room to play?

DavidF

They really are nice speakers. Totally different sound than the JBL's. They give me a nice alternative to listen to.

Terry,

You definitely need more speakers. I'll see what I can do to help.

Come to think of it Ken Pachkowsky is in Southern California. I think his Westlakes would fit right in there.

Widget

Oooooooo, Westlakes. Think he loan me some? :D

Cool. What do you use the Eons for?

They are for PA work. My daughter and I are both singers. I mainly use them for practicing when they are set up in the room. I don't have anywhere else to set them so when I'm not using them as a PA, I set them up in the room. I will bounce a mix through them once in a while just to hear how it sounds in low-fi. Actually they don't sound bad. They are just lacking in the high end a bit, which is fine for PA work. I hate a squealing mic. :D

Images hosted on personal sites can be blocked by firewalls. It's probably best to upload your images to this site, which is a trusted site.

They are hosted at Photobucket. Never thought about firewall problems. I thought I was being nice by not taking up server space here. If it is preferred that I upload them here I am happy to do that.

Blessings, Terry

jblnut
10-19-2004, 06:34 PM
That's quite a musical playground you have there ! What are the old Yamahas in the picture ?

jblnut

paragon
10-20-2004, 08:16 AM
Hi Terry,

The Yamaha Ns 1000 M (or NS 1000) are one of the best speakers you can get for this money.
My father bought a pair of NS 1000 (with ebony finish) in the late 70`s and i never heared such good mid`s and high`s.
The Beryllium dias are he best ever heared.
Very, very nice speaker and looks very fine with this ebony veneer.

Regards Eckhard

still4given
10-20-2004, 09:21 AM
Yep, NS1000. One of the mid dia's is slightly damaged, Still sounds good. They don't have the bottom end that the JBLs have. I tried to find a replacement diaphram for the mid but could not. I found a guy who had the whole mid driver but it was very expensive. Don't remember now how much now.

I just saw a pair of these sell on ebay a month or so ago with only one bid of $500. I bet that buyer is a happy fellow.

Blessings, Terry

paragon
10-20-2004, 09:47 AM
Yes, I´ve seen this pair on ebay too. No chance to get.
The sound of this mid and high drivers is very different to
each other speaker. Can`t explain this sound, you must hear this.
The bass is not very low (40-50 Hz), but as low as JBL`s in the same size.
I `ve never understand Yamaha build this ugly (sorry) black monitor speakers.
The "Home" version with it´s ebony veneer (?) looks so !!! good.
And it is very, very !! good build (craftmanship ???).

Eckhard

Robh3606
10-20-2004, 10:08 AM
Geeez you have a lot in one room!!! How do you used them?? You have favorites for different applications??

Rob:)

still4given
10-20-2004, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Robh3606
Geeez you have a lot in one room!!! How do you used them?? You have favorites for different applications??

Rob:)

Well I've only recently set them all up in there. The main idea is to have a few different reference points when mixing. I usually mix on the small nearfields you see on the desk. Once I have something that sounds good then I try it through other systems to make sure it translates. Used to have to take it into the living room, car, etc. Now I can just push a button to have a different set of speakers to listen to.

Also, the wife said I couldn’t keep all those wonderful speakers in the house anymore. :D

My plan is to set them up as a 5.1 system in the near future. I have been putting it off, but I know I am going to have to learn to mix in 5.1 before long. I have another pair of 4412's that are just sitting stacked in the corner right now.

Lately I have been so busy repairing amps and speakers I haven't had time to record or mix. I'm just about at the end of that now.

Blessings, Terry