PDA

View Full Version : Help deciphering terminal strip/connections on a pair of Westlake TM-1 clones

pug
12-10-2013, 05:04 PM
I recently purchased a pair of Westlake TM-1 clones built with JBL drivers -- a 2440 midrange driver mounted to a Westlake horn, a 2410 HF driver, and two 2226J woofer per cabinet. Included in the sale were a pair of JBL 3115 crossover (500hz). I want to test (roughly) the speakers using the JBL 3115 but am a bit wary since I'm not technically inclined. The screw strip terminal for the upper units (which include the 2440 and 2410 drivers) is as follows (the second picture is a picture of the screw strip terminal from behind:

I believe the 20mfd cap was used to set the cutoff frequency of the 2410 driver, is this correct? And are the two drivers tied together? The way I currently have it wired to the HF outputs of the JBL 3115 crossover can be seen in the photo -- is this right?

As for the cabinets which house the woofers, the screw strip terminal looks as follows:

Ignore the cheap jumpers I fabricated, since I'm not sure I connected those correctly. You'll notice that there's a strap between the terminals on the two woofers, is that for the ground? And is my red jumper cable connected correctly assuming I want to run single wire speaker cable to the LF terminals of the JBL 3115? (I'm thinking if I run a speaker cable connected to one of the screws where the red wire is connected, and one to where the bridged strap is connected, it should connect both woofers)? Or am I missing something here -- are the woofer terminals meant to connect to the midrange/HF terminals above them? Any help would be appreciated, you can tell I don't know what's going on!