PDA

View Full Version : WTF???

4313B
10-18-2004, 06:20 AM
" It's official! Monster Cable got the “green light” to rename the historic Candlestick Park, home of the 49ers. Welcome to Monster Park!"

Hey! I have a great idea! Let's just call it something like Candlestick Park! Yeah! That's the ticket!!!

WTF is up with all these companies naming parks after them? We have a real winner here in Toledo - Fifth Third Field - named after some douchebucket Bank. :p

Ok, I guess if JBL wanted to name a facility I'd have to go along with it. ;)
"In other news, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra moved into the new JBL Auditorium today..."
That'd piss off the "audiophiles" wouldn't it? :rotfl:

Yeah Baby!

jblnut
10-18-2004, 07:07 AM
I'm actually more scared that Monster Cable has made so much money on "pretty" cables that they have this kind of cash to throw around. The snake oil business is alive and well I see.

And now they're into these new "power conditioners" too. Everyone needs a $1k box with pretty lights to plug all their home theater gear into apparently.

If you're going to pay $1k for a "power conditioner" it damn well better have batteries and be a full-blown UPS...

jblnut

johnaec
10-18-2004, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Giskard
" It's official! Monster Cable got the “green light” to rename the historic Candlestick Park, home of the 49ers. Welcome to Monster Park!"What's funny is that most people will probably equate the name with monster.com - the big online job-search site...

John

johnaec
10-18-2004, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by jblnut
The snake oil business is alive and well I see.Talk about snake oil - I have a friend that's been a distributor of those herbal remedies that are about .1% herb and the rest water, where you put a couple drops under your tounge or behind your ears and it's supposed to heal you. He's made so much money for that company that for the past 2 years they *gave* him a Toyota Land Cruiser as a bonus - this year it was a Porsche Cayenne!

He's also one of those "connoisseurs" that spends thousands on dinky European audiophile systems. It was hard to keep serious as he demonstrated an "ocean waves" recording to show what real lows sound like - I find it hard to express how I couldn't find anything there, kinda like his "medicines". But hey, obviously someone must, or at least imagine they do...

John

John
10-18-2004, 11:30 PM
Hey that,s what i thought!!! when i heard them call the park by that name.

Zilch
10-18-2004, 11:56 PM
Monster.com is VERY pleased. :D

Steve Schell
10-23-2004, 12:43 PM
When I lived in the San Francisco bay area in the late 1960s, the popular nickname of the stadium was "Cattlestink Park", due to its proximity to the bay.

Zilch
10-23-2004, 03:54 PM
It's downwind of the Cow Palace, actually.

Be good if somebody paid to put their name on THAT place.

Saw the Beach Boys there in the late '60's. I think.

'66 to '72 is kinda blurry.... ;)

Alex Lancaster
10-23-2004, 04:57 PM
In late August or September ´71, saw my first and last Bissballs game right there.