PDA

View Full Version : My Account Doesn't Work

Temporary
11-14-2013, 06:06 AM
Hello - I've sent a couple emails without success. My account (svollmer) has been locked and not working since I went in and changed my email address. When I look at the forums, the only things I see are posts that I made. And it won't let me post new threads or reply to any. I've made this account (Temporary) to try to get a message through. Can you please help? Thanks!

hjames
11-14-2013, 07:09 AM
Hello - I've sent a couple emails without success. My account (svollmer) has been locked and not working since I went in and changed my email address. When I look at the forums, the only things I see are posts that I made. And it won't let me post new threads or reply to any. I've made this account (Temporary) to try to get a message through. Can you please help? Thanks!

If it helps at all, I can vouch for svollmer - he is a neighbor, is a big part of our local listening parties, and is generally a real cool guy!

See his father and son thread here from 2011 - http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?31885

Temporary
11-15-2013, 05:08 AM
Moderator: I received an email yesterday saying that my account was enabled. I didn't need the account under this name (Temporary) to be enabled. I set that one up so I could post a message asking for help. I need my real account (svollmer) repaired. Can someone please look into that? Once that's fixed, "Temporary" can be disabled and deleted. Thanks very much.

opimax
11-15-2013, 10:20 AM
What she said!

Mr. Widget
11-15-2013, 11:36 AM
It should have been fixed... can you ping him to confirm?

Widget

hjames
11-15-2013, 11:57 AM
It should have been fixed... can you ping him to confirm?

Widget

Thank you!!
I just sent him an email to check it out ...

Temporary
11-15-2013, 12:29 PM
Hi, I just checked it and unfortunately it still doesn't work when logged in as svollmer; I only see threads that I've started in the past. I can only see new threads and respond when logged in as Temporary. Something else that's weird is that as I'm typing this, I can't skip a line when I hit "enter" on the keyboard. That's why I'm not typing this in paragraphs. Another thing, even as Temporary, I'm seeing the newest posts First (up top) and the older ones are further down. I'd show you a screen shot, but it won't let me paste anything now either. I'll elaborate more in another post so it's easier to read.

Temporary
11-15-2013, 12:36 PM
I also don't see the Marketplace when logged in as svollmer. And when I try to do anything as svollmer, I get a message about not having permission. Here's a shot of the posts in backwards order along with the permission message overlaid on top of it. Sorry to be a pain, but thanks very much Widget! 60637

Mr. Widget
11-15-2013, 01:07 PM
Try again?

Widget

RedCoat23
11-15-2013, 10:56 PM
I can't skip a line when I hit "enter" on the keyboard. That's why I'm not typing this in paragraphs. .

What browser are you using? I've noticed that specific problem when using I.E 10 (and above) on Win 7. On Firefox or Chrome it doesn't happen. Have you upgraded recently?

svollmer
11-17-2013, 02:06 AM
Hey, it's working!!!! Everything I've tested so far is perfect. I'm testing it at home, but before it wasn't working properly at home or at work. So, I assume it will be okay at work as well. I'll check early tomorrow.

Thanks very much for the hard work Widget!! And thanks Heather for helping out as well!

Steve