PDA

View Full Version : L250 Crossover screw

Greg86z28
10-30-2013, 07:28 AM
What size screws are used for the L250 crossovers? I have no screws to reference.

Thanks

Greg

rdgrimes
10-30-2013, 10:42 AM
There's an assortment of different ones. Are you talking about the screws that go through the back of the speaker and hold the crossover in place?
They appear to be the standard #8 1" bevel head machine screw. The same as what holds the mid-range drivers.

Greg86z28
10-31-2013, 06:15 AM
Hm. I feel like a fool, but I did try running each screw (mid, mid-bass, low) through there to make sure, none of them seem to fit. Now that I try the mid's screw again, it does screw in, but seems loose/sloppy. I've brought the crossover with me today, gonna head over to Lowes and see if anything fits better. Thanks

Greg

JuniorJBL
10-31-2013, 08:06 AM
Should be an 8-32X1.25" tapered head black oxide

Greg86z28
10-31-2013, 08:26 AM
Thanks.

I glued all the insulation in the 2nd cabinet last night. Should be ready to go for putting them together tonight, after I hand out candy to the kiddos in costumes that come by. One tricky thing is I have to route the wires up through all my insulation :)

Made some CAT speaker wire too.

JuniorJBL
10-31-2013, 08:40 AM
Will we be listening to them on Sunday?:dont-know:

Greg86z28
10-31-2013, 09:50 AM
I think so! I think I'm going to first hook them up with the 044 and not the 044Ti. What do you think?

If you and George want to stop by a little early or stay a little late we can listen to them then? I was going to stick the cats down stairs and put the door on the basement so they can't come up. Then we can all be upstairs/outside.

JuniorJBL
10-31-2013, 10:44 AM
I will ask G if he wants to come early (what time), otherwise I would come early and help with whatever.

Yeah I would plug the whole thing in as stock until you get all the other items lined up. It will also give you a baseline as to the improvements to come!:D

rdgrimes
10-31-2013, 11:18 AM
I think so! I think I'm going to first hook them up with the 044 and not the 044Ti. What do you think?

If you and George want to stop by a little early or stay a little late we can listen to them then? I was going to stick the cats down stairs and put the door on the basement so they can't come up. Then we can all be upstairs/outside.

As much hassle as it is to replace those tweets, I'd put in whatever you intend to leave in there. The 044ti is not "correct" for the L250 crossover, and neither is the 104H. that said there have been plenty of folks who have swapped those in without modding the crossovers. A reasonably good auto EQ system might be able to adapt to any untoward FR curves that the different drivers might create. I've got all those drivers for my L250s, but I'm holding out for a pair of 250ti crossovers to go with them.