PDA

View Full Version : JBL 2225 lead wires !

retro soulman
09-15-2013, 03:17 PM
hello to all !! i got 3 jbl 2225 in very nice condition but the problem is that the wires from the terminals to cone are cutted in the middle (i think that they called them lead wires) the speakers were not been used for more than 20 years. i want to bring them back to life but i dont want to take of the dust cup or something else that will look bad .... can i just do something only to the wires? thanks!

retro soulman
09-15-2013, 03:19 PM
60171 i found a pic . the lead wires of my speakers are cutted in the middle

subwoof
09-16-2013, 05:09 PM
A soldering iron pushed into the center of the eyelet on the cone will melt the glue ( eye sting! ) and then the solder if you tin the iron well. Pull out the old wire while melted and carefully clean out the eyelet with solder wic. This is best done by someone who solders electronic boards a LOT.

When cleaned out, simply purchase, install / dress new litz wires and solder. Then put a few drops of reconing glue over the eyelet.

There might be a pic set on this site showing this.

This is a standard repair for speakers and any competent shop can do it for you.

retro soulman
09-17-2013, 06:55 AM
thanks!!

Eaulive
09-19-2013, 05:42 AM
A soldering iron pushed into the center of the eyelet on the cone will melt the glue ( eye sting! )

Oh yeah!:p